Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving down to Clonmel

Options
  • 22-08-2016 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hey hows things folks. Will hopefully be in LIT next week studying Game Art & Design and was just wondering if anyone has any advice for someone moving down to Clonmel? Things to do, places to avoid or avoid living , best way to find accommodation. etc

Anything at all really.Just wanna have as much info as possible.
    Cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Hey, im just finished my third year down there so ill give you any advice I can.

1. Try to avoid Hughes Mills for accommodation (its a rough enough apartment building and had its issues over the years).
    2. If renting privately be wary of properties near the river as the River is prone to flooding
    3. Students Union are there to help, they can tell you where to go and often organize nights out.
    4. Best place to currently look for accomodation is on the website here: http://www.lit.ie/Accommodation/Pages/Tipperary.aspx
    5. If looking to have a house and not looking for DIGs join this page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theCRAICsociety/?ref=bookmarks (Its the main student activity society and regularly has people talking about available accommodation)
    6. Nightlife isnt exactly hopping down there if thats what your into but theres a few things to do and the college run a few events too.

If you have any other questions feel free to message me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nightman16

Wow. Thanks for so much info man :D I just the facebook group there aswell.

So prone would the river be to flooding and how bad does it get do you know? Would you consider it a real inconvenient place to live ?

I can't really think of anyone else right now but I can PM if I think of anything else if thats cool ? :)

Thanks again man

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

In my 3 years there its flooded 2 years. It can be extensive on ground floor in places. A simple google image search of Clonmel flooding will explain how bad it can get. They have flood barriers but even with it last year some roads were completely submerged. Most places will be fine as the riverside houses are usually built a little higher but keep an eye out for dampness in houses near there.

No problem, any further questions just ask away. And enjoy yourself in Clonmel :)

Advertisement