Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferring a course

Options
  • 22-08-2016 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I wish to defer the course I was offered in UL. I know I have to send their admissions office including my name, CAO number with deferred entry as the subject. I was just wondering about the reason for deferral, and don't know what to put. I'm planning to look for a job and work for the year - would this be a valid reason for deferral?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Here's an old article about it:
    http://www.independent.ie/life/family/learning/all-you-need-to-know-about-deferring-a-place-26470758.html

Financial reasons are perfectly valid. Do you intend to work in an area might have a connection with the degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tomk_1111

No, most likely an unrelated job. I suppose the reason I really want to defer is I feel that I am too young, though I'm not sure if that would be a valid reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes that would be a good reason too, especially in connection with finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

OP, a word of advice.

A Facebook friend of mine deferred their course last year and expected an offer for same course this morning. I expect that he didn't follow the procedure correctly.

Be sure to follow the procedure to the letter. Especially next year when reapplying to the CAO.

All the best with the job and college!

Advertisement