Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rat Scabies/John Robb Damn screen and Q&A

Options
  • 22-08-2016 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭

Obviously that should be Damned screening in the title

I've heard a rumour that Mr Scabies and John Robb will be over here in the new year screening the new Damned doc and doing a Q&A. I hope it's true

Comments

If Rat's involved in the promotion then it might be a fair guess to say that (at least) Dave and Captain have no involvement whatsoever in anything, given the bad blood between them in later years. I mean I know nothing of the actual documentary itself, I just can't see them collaborating here so can't imagine it being comprehensive or even neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

the documentary is about all the band. they're all in it. its only rat coming over for this though. Looking like it'll be an irish interviewer so it'll be screen the documentary and then a Q&A with Rat. He says a lot of stuff in the documentary about ye old split with the capt and vanian. lets be honest, vanian wanted to push the phantom chords and only cmplained about that album when he realised he wasnt getting writing credits (since he didnt write anything). The capt wasnt happy because vanian and scabies bought out the rights from Stiff. Capt wasnt mad at vanian for some reason, just ratty. theres much more to these things than meets the eye

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭smurke

any update on this?, still no release date for the dvd, and missed the screening here, so dying to see it

smurke wrote: »
    any update on this?

Maybe this will help...

And this

If you're looking to actually pay for a copy then it's available for pre-order, released on November 28. But since this isn't a free ads website I guess you can find your own link for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

its in the planning stages. looking like February. Basically trying to get it into the dublin film festival and then base four screenings around that. The doc will be screened and then Rat will do a Q&A, hosted by Stuart Clark from Hotpress

• Advertisement
Advertisement