Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i cancel a cao choice when i already accepted it?

Options
  • 22-08-2016 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I need to cancel my cao choice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

eschmidt wrote: »

Can you expand further?

Do you mean reversing an acceptance? Or changing the order of your choices?

You can't change the order of your choices at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Students often accept an offer, but don't register with the college. Happens all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sadcao

Geuze wrote: »
    Students often accept an offer, but don't register with the college. Happens all the time.

Does that mean that a place for other people will open up in third round for students?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

If you mean you have accepted your offer and have now changed your mind, yes, you can.

If you're absolutely sure, do have the courtesy to let the college know so they can offer the place to someone else. Do be sure that you know what you're doing though, if you turn it down you can't just change your mind next week and get it back.

sadcao wrote: »
    Does that mean that a place for other people will open up in third round for students?

That is a possibility.

• Advertisement

Lynchy747 wrote: »
    That is a possibility.

In that case please contact the college and tell them you want to cancel before second round starts! :O people like me are dependent on second rounds so if you are sure you want to cancel, please do so before the deadline or nobody will get that place.

sadcao wrote: »
    In that case please contact the college and tell them you want to cancel before second round starts! :O people like me are dependent on second rounds so if you are sure you want to cancel, please do so before the deadline or nobody will get that place.

It's not me that has the place! :O

You're right though, tell OP :)

Lynchy747 wrote: »
    It's not me that has the place! :O

You're right though, tell OP :)

Sorry lol will do now!

please contact the college to cancel your cao offer so someone else may get it in second round! If you don't, nobody will get it at all!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Lol, if they ever come back to the thread I think they will have got the message by this point! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement