Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best football manager version?

Options
  • 22-08-2016 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

Which is the best football manager version? I last bought and played 12.
    Is 13, 14 or 15 any good?
    Winter is coming!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'd go with 16. 17 is due out which means that 16 is due to get cheap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

chrislad wrote: »
    I'd go with 16. 17 is due out which means that 16 is due to get cheap :)

Do you know if its any good?

16 is 55 euros on steam , same price as 17! But on amazon uk its 15.49!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Which is the best football manager version? I last bought and played 12.
    Is 13, 14 or 15 any good?
    Winter is coming!

01/02....Best game ever :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

CM97/98 for me. It's the version i spent most of my early teens playing, and we could get through a 3 player season in 2 days.

More recently, just go with the latest edition of FM. As long as your laptop can handle it, there's not really any reason to go for the earlier versions (bar price). I didn't play much FM16 (2 seasons maybe), but it seemed like an improvement over 15.

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    01/02....Best game ever :)

just noticed its a free legal download, just need to get to run on windows 7 or 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Played all the CM's and FM's and for nostalgia the CM's are best but don't try and play them now, just not the same. Of the more recent ones I'd rate FM11 as the best ever and FM13 2nd. Thought FM16 was garbage, maybe odd numbered versions are better so FM17 should be good lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

just noticed its a free legal download, just need to get to run on windows 7 or 10

Works perfect on 7 and 10. There's always updates for it as well I have it updated to 2015/2016 season with all the correct players. Have to look for this year's update as well.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

CM01/02 has aged terribly, really bad, game I played most but it sucks. So do the modern games, my fave was 07.

*The only reason I say the games suck now is because I think I am over management sims, just dull after years of playing. I'm too nitpicky about aspects of the game to enjoy it. However it is extremely extremely annoying how overpowered English teams are in the game obviously due to the fact that the developers are English. I notice that the youth rating isn't even that high but due to the clubs all having excellent youth facilities and training and so much money the English players are always overpowered after a few years. The game doesn't really capture the dynamic of the foreign youngsters impeding English youth progress.

Also when I was younger it would have never annoyed me that FM fails to recreate something like Pep Guardiola dropping Joe Hart because his attributes don't suit the style he is after. It is a little thing and hard to legislate for but seems so crucial.

I also despise the tactics and the way you cannot just put the players in any position on the pitch. Sure it probably makes little difference but I want to be able to decide where exactly my right winger is positioned.

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Works perfect on 7 and 10. There's always updates for it as well I have it updated to 2015/2016 season with all the correct players. Have to look for this year's update as well.....

yep, got it running now, compatibility mode=win xp and as admin worked for me, but strangely not win98 mode which was the advised mode

Advertisement