Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC in Balinode

Options
  • 21-08-2016 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I'm contemplating doing Business & Admin in Balinode so I could progress onto DC117 but some say a fetac can be the equivalent to 400CAO points yet this course has the option of fetac could anyone explain this? and also if i was to progress onto DCU would I need to meet the general entry requirments for leaving cert?

I also have my interview for my PLC on the 29th in Balinode does this mean I have a place on the course because my Accommodation is meant to be paid on the 26th of August

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That course is FETAC 5M2468.
    What course in DCU are you looking to enter? **edit, sorry, I see it's DC117
    You need to check if it has a FETAC path and if the Ballinode course is acceptable. I note they have the option in Ballinode to do Maths modules which would bypass any LC Maths requirement a college had.

No, you don't have a place until you do your interview.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

DCU say this about FETAC entry to DC117:
    Distinction in B20029 or 5N2066 or C20139 or 5N1833 (or OC3 or better in LCE Maths).
    Distinctions in 5 modules.

So, you need AT A MINIMUM distinctions in five of your modules of 5M2468, plus you should make sure to have the optional 5N1833 Maths module which is on offer in Ballinode, as it is a requirement for DC117, unless you have a C3 or Higher in LC OL Maths.

The number of FETAC entry places will be limited, so it's a case of getting as many distinctions as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 IrishAir98

spurious wrote: »
    DCU say this about FETAC entry to DC117:
    Distinction in B20029 or 5N2066 or C20139 or 5N1833 (or OC3 or better in LCE Maths).
    Distinctions in 5 modules.

So, you need AT A MINIMUM distinctions in five of your modules of 5M2468, plus you should make sure to have the optional 5N1833 Maths module which is on offer in Ballinode, as it is a requirement for DC117, unless you have a C3 or Higher in LC OL Maths.

The number of FETAC entry places will be limited, so it's a case of getting as many distinctions as you can.

I have my C3 in my OL maths so I have no worries about that. its the General Entry requirements I'm wondering about to attend DCU

"Grade C3 in two Higher Level subjects and Grade D3 in four Ordinary or Higher Level subjects including Mathematics AND either English or Irish"

If i did not meet them requirements in my LC this year would I need those General requirements nect year if i'm applying through Fetac to DC117?

No, you would need the FETAC requirements which are as above, but places are few.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 IrishAir98

Speaking of Balinode as a PLC would you know if Errigal College or Balinode would be the better PLC college to attend for the year to progress onto DCU next year

• Advertisement

If it's the same course it doesn't make much difference. It's up to you to get the marks.

Advertisement