Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice/hot weather with no rain this time of year?

Options
  • 21-08-2016 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

Do we ever get nice weather at this time of the year?

I don't want to give up on the summer yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

No,it's grey again with bouts of that sh1tty sideways rain we only get in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Will get good again for a week or two in September.

In 1992 we did.

Great summer.

Think we had a good one in 13 or maybe it was 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Will get good again for a week or two in September.

Ye I always remember the sun coming out in the first week of September just when you had to go back to school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

In 1992 we did.

Great summer.

Think we had a good one in 13 or maybe it was 14.

Last year was good this time of year.....I saved hay the second week of August last year and iirc weather was very good for while after it and no rush bringing it in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

The Raptor wrote: »
    Do we ever get nice weather at this time of the year?

I don't want to give up on the summer yet.

I hate when people complain about the weather in Ireland.
    Its the same every year.

But did you know it was sunny for a whole three months in 1974.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

This is nice weather. Your wearing the wrong clothes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

**** as ****, do you think people in Ireland will start to get more depressed about our **** climate with stuff like Instagram bringing to the fore the quality of summers people enjoy throughout mainland Europe and beyond, something that we just don't have.

You can see it in our country, we have absolutely no outdoors culture, it's pretty sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

August 1995 is the year you want to set in the time machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

We've had a temperate oceanic climate for the last ten thousand years, people only remember the memorable weather.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Wigglepuppy

To be honest I'm glad the awful heavy clammy humidity is being cleared by rain - looking forward to lovely autumn sun and fresher air.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

BabyE wrote: »
    **** as ****, do you think people in Ireland will start to get more depressed about our **** climate with stuff like Instagram bringing to the fore the quality of summers people enjoy throughout mainland Europe and beyond, something that we just don't have.

You can see it in our country, we have absolutely no outdoors culture, it's pretty sad.

Yeah we do. I'm just back from a day tramping over the mountains. There was loads of people out.

Why are you always so negative?

endacl wrote: »
    Yeah we do. I'm just back from a day tramping over the mountains. There was loads of people out.

Why are you always so negative?

I'd consider an outdoor culture to be people spilling on into the streets, the majority of Irish culture is indoor focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Last year was good this time of year.....I saved hay the second week of August last year and iirc weather was very good for while after it and no rush bringing it in

Yes. I think the clue there is in ye handle :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

There's been a few cold nights already. A couple of months earlier than usual. You get the verysunny weather again in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Yep. I've been discussing the little, furry, home invaders. They're put in an early appearance. I was figuring they were scouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

WE have no hurricanes ,or twisters , or forest fires here or exteme cold weather like sweden or russia .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

We Have moderate weather in ireland, no extremes .
    I Was down the country for 7 days , last week ,most days the weather was mild or sunny .it rained once .
    most years we get a few weeks of good weather during the summer .one or 2 days of rainy weather is a nice break.
    we go outdoors during the summer .
    Most sports ,gaa , soccer is played outside .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

We're long overdue a long, dry, sunny summer. The last was 1995 whereas the one before that was 1989.

People mention 2003 but what I remember of it was that it was just oppressive because it was hot but cloudy and very humid. Yuck. And that hot weather still was just a few weeks in August.

With the string of biblical summers from 2007-2012, I thought we'd never have good summer weather again but thankfully we've had some decent warm, sunny spells since then. They just haven't been long enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Wigglepuppy

The sunny warm weather of 2013/14 lasted a good while I thought. And 2006.

Yeah the spell in 2003 didn't last long at all and it was crazy oppressive humidity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

Yeah the spell in 2003 didn't last long at all and it was crazy oppressive humidity.

The UK got sun, we got anticyclonic gloom. :( My folks were holidaying in the UK when the hottest temp ever was recorded over there. If we didn't have cloud cover, I think out record would have been broken too.

Yep, 2006, 2013 and 2014 all had lovely spells. Just weren't long enough though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

riclad wrote: »
    We Have moderate weather in ireland, no extremes .
    I Was down the country for 7 days , last week ,most days the weather was mild or sunny .it rained once .
    most years we get a few weeks of good weather during the summer .one or 2 days of rainy weather is a nice break.
    we go outdoors during the summer .
    Most sports ,gaa , soccer is played outside .

What do you mean no extremes?

There was a torrential downpour today.

The weather is so bad in Ireland that we consider the UK and France to have a good climate lol, to anyone from west coast of america or south america they are grey miserable hellholes.

Advertisement