Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geopace Allied Healthcare Phlebotomy Training Question.

Options
  • 21-08-2016 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there guys I was just wondering if any of you know or have done this two day course in Ireland that is it possible to even get a workplace spot in Ireland whether it is for work experience or an actual part/full time job with there UK certificate they give out at the end course?

I believe the certificate is a level 2 or 3 National Accredited Certificate.

I did email them about this question but they just emailed me back about certain work positions phlebotomists can do but never mentioned if any of there previous students managed to hold a position as a phlebotomist in Ireland no matter what the work field is etc.. private GP, Public Hospital.

Would be great help to have some answers and to follow up with any advice for the future if you have anyway! Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EMC0000

Seanetic wrote: »
    Hi there guys I was just wondering if any of you know or have done this two day course in Ireland that is it possible to even get a workplace spot in Ireland whether it is for work experience or an actual part/full time job with there UK certificate they give out at the end course?

I believe the certificate is a level 2 or 3 National Accredited Certificate.

I did email them about this question but they just emailed me back about certain work positions phlebotomists can do but never mentioned if any of there previous students managed to hold a position as a phlebotomist in Ireland no matter what the work field is etc.. private GP, Public Hospital.

Would be great help to have some answers and to follow up with any advice for the future if you have anyway! Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I would be very interested to hear if there is any update on your post above? Did you proceed with the course and was it easy to get a job in Ireland with this qualification? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Seanetic

@EMC0000
    Yes I went ahead with it I did both the two day introduction to phlebotomy and the advanced phlebotomy and cannulation course and I received both certificates. On the other hand getting a job was still tough, I applied for opening phlebotomy positions at different hospitals and clinics but I still found it a challenge to get a job even with an advanced phlebotomy and cannulation certificate lol. But I'm sure if you keep applying to get a job as a phlebotomist you might get the position. Usually clinics and hospitals always seem to hire those positions to people who are already working in the hospital. I seen nurses go from nurse to phlebotomist position. I decided to continue on with my education and I'm doing a pre-university medical sciences course, I found lab work more interesting in the end but the certificates I have will give me a great advantage because If it wasn't for my phlebotomy certs and my anatomy and physiology cert I wouldn't of got accepted into two colleges as a mature student since I dont have my leaving cert haha.

Advertisement