Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Protecting new alloys?

Options
  • 20-08-2016 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Fitting new alloys and tyres to my car Tuesday... What would be recommended to protect the alloys?

Cheers
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I haven't used it (yet), but CarPro DLUX gets consistently excellent reviews.

Gtechniq C5 is very well reviewed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

CarPro Dlux, Gtechniq C5 or Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light would all be coatings to go for on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

The coatings mentioned would be the very durable options, that require a bit of preparation and attention to detail during application too. But the benefit when done is easy maintenance, with only soapy water needed during cleaning and not having to worry about re-application for well over a year.
    The other option are more traditional type sealant; far less durable but less fussy in terms of prep and application.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I have Carpro Dlux on my alloys with a year now and they still bead and protect as good as day one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Curran wrote: »
    The coatings mentioned would be the very durable options, that require a bit of preparation and attention to detail during application too. But the benefit when done is easy maintenance, with only soapy water needed during cleaning and not having to worry about re-application for well over a year.
    The other option are more traditional type sealant; far less durable but less fussy in terms of prep and application.

Curran - any idea when DLUX will be back in stock?

• Advertisement

The CarPro order was due to land in Dublin yesterday - the shipping agents then look after clearing Customs before delivery - usually takes about two days. Expect it Thursday at the latest! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭micks_address

Curran wrote: »
    The CarPro order was due to land in Dublin yesterday - the shipping agents then look after clearing Customs before delivery - usually takes about two days. Expect it Thursday at the latest! ;)

I might drop into Ian tomorrow and see if he can throw something on the alloys..

Yeah, Ian might have a box of DLUX there!! ;)

Advertisement