Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching schools in 3rd year

Options
  • 20-08-2016 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I am going into 3rd year and want to switch schools as i'm unhappy in my current school. Will switching schools now affect jc grades? Should i stick it out another year? Im thinking of going to st mac daras in templeogue.
    Your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I am going into 3rd year and want to switch schools as i'm unhappy in my current school. Will switching schools now affect jc grades? Should i stick it out another year? Im thinking of going to st mac daras in templeogue.
    Your thoughts?

Hi I am a student and just did my Junior Cert this June and I had the same problem as you before 3rd year began.

I was unhappy with my current school and I asked here on this exact same forum that if I should move to another school. I also went to the school I wanted to go to's opening night and they wouldn't take in exam years, so I had no chance but to do 3rd year before thinking of moving to the school which I am not (though I wish I could as it is a 2 minute walk from my house unlike the current school I'm in).

From my experience, you should do another year if you want to change schools as you might be better off or they might not take in exam years like my one I wanted to go to.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,123 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's easier to change after Junior Cert..

Advertisement