Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone alternatives

Options
  • 20-08-2016 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hey folks, so basically my iPhone 4s is dying a slow and painful death so it's time for a change.. I'm on the pay as you go meteor plan (15gb plus unlimited calls) which I think is great value so ideally I'd stay on this however in order to get any sort of a decent phone (iPhone 6 or Samsung s7) I'd have to go on a bill of 55 per month or else shell out 700 notes, neither of which is particularly budget friendly,, so basically my question is is there any option for comparable (less name brand), phones with decent battery that are less expensive??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Ya loads. Depends what you want to spend though. Check out the oneplus three for 400 or so for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jcanty85

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Ya loads. Depends what you want to spend though. Check out the oneplus three for 400 or so for example.

Well I was hoping to keep it under 300 if at all possible, is the oneplus stuff good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I'm in the same boat as you -plodding along with my Iphone 4S and only a 8GB -tough going holding out. Was just checking out the oneplus three but I think it's out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Get the one plus two for 319. You could get the one plus one for less again but you may as well get the two if you can afford it.

I've had mine for a year, great battery life. No need to charge it throughout the day, even with constant use.

Camera is decent, it's quick and has 64gb storage, 4gb ram and great display

Jcanty85 wrote: »
    Well I was hoping to keep it under 300 if at all possible, is the oneplus stuff good?

Iv the 2 the last year and its best phone iv owned yet. It would still be a great buy.

• Advertisement

Must do some looking into it, how would the nexus stuff compare?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

Zuk Z1 or Z2. Incredibly powerful for the price. They even look a little like an iPhone 6!!!

Jcanty85 wrote: »
    Must do some looking into it, how would the nexus stuff compare?

The two available at the moment are the LG 5X and Huawei 6P. The 5X has got mixed reviews as a very mid range phone, the 6P is a proper flagship but new its quite pricey. The experience on the +2 and the 6P would be similar.

There are 2 new nexus devices being announced next month being made by HTC this time, expect them to flagship money tho, ie 600 at least for the smaller one.

I think other than oneplus you pay for what you get. As in the oneplus phones are serious phones for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

How would the htc desire 530 or the Samsung j3 match up?

• Advertisement
Advertisement