Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam will not let me log in

Options
  • 20-08-2016 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me here. I am trying to log into steam and it wont let me. I have tried the client and the website. I have used the forgotten password and reset my password and it still wont let me log in with those details. Its driving me mad. I cant log in to get support either. Can anyone help me on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

What error message do you get? Is the error on the website or via the steam launcher? Do you have 2 factor authentication turned on and the steam app on your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

capslock on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Caps is not on. Iv tried it on the client and on the website. Iv reset my password and then put that password in and it tells me its wrong. I dont have the app or 2 step authentacation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Try a simple password. Something you couldn't make a mistake with. Even put it in a text editor and copy and paste to make sure. All temporary of course.

Try a simple password. Something you couldn't make a mistake with. Even put it in a text editor and copy and paste to make sure. All temporary of course.

Iv done just that and doesnt work. Thats whats driving me crazy, i am clearly using the same password

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

have ye deleted the username from the field it's in and re-entered it?

If it's a long one there might be a typo in it somewhere that ye'd barely see - also, the password - double check that the first letter in it (i know it's probably alpha-numeric anyway) isnt or is a capital letter and the rest is lowercase or what have ye

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will try all of those things and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Mistake I've made before: if your username is an email address and you've put a comma instead of a full stop it can be really tough to spot!

Advertisement