Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Africa Vs Argentina

Options
  • 20-08-2016 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,015 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone watching this game on Sky Sports 4? 35 minutes gone SA 10 Argentina 13. 35 minutes played

There's some really good running rugby on display. Beautiful hands from 1-15. Lovely pop passes and offloads and very little kicking.

I hate to say it but it's a better brand of rugby than we tend to play in the northern hemisphere.

Argentina took the lead with a try coming from champagne rugby from their own 22.

Comments

Is anyone watching this game on Sky Sports 4? 35 minutes gone SA 10 Argentina 13. 35 minutes played

There's some really good running rugby on display. Beautiful hands from 1-15. Lovely pop passes and offloads and very little kicking.

I hate to say it but it's a better brand of rugby than we tend to play in the northern hemisphere.

Argentina took the lead with a try coming from champagne rugby from their own 22.

Dry warm temperature rugby v Cold wet miserable rugby.

QED

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

And in the second half the ball was on the deck more than in hand. Randomly coming out of rucks as Argentina threw away chance after chance. It was school boy stuff.

Guess 1 half of rugby doesn't prove a whole pile

• Registered Users Posts: 20,015 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

And in the second half the ball was on the deck more than in hand. Randomly coming out of rucks as Argentina threw away chance after chance. It was school boy stuff.

It rained in the second half didn't it?

As the poster above pointed out, the southern hemisphere tend to play in better weather. I think it's fair to stay the six nations teams brand of rugby is more about kicking an playing territory.

Six nations games are tight and tense but it's not as good to watch.

I think it's fair to stay the six nations teams brand of rugby is more about kicking an playing territory.

Aka playing the smart rugby in the conditions. Why try run the ball 90 metres when it's like a bar of soap?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Dry warm temperature rugby v Cold wet miserable rugby.

QED

This match was played in the dead of Winter while Bordeaux played Racing in a penalty fest in the height of summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,015 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I think it's fair to stay the six nations teams brand of rugby is more about kicking an playing territory.

Aka playing the smart rugby in the conditions. Why try run the ball 90 metres when it's like a bar of soap?

Smart and much less entertaining. The 2 aren't exclusive.

Smart and much less entertaining. The 2 aren't exclusive.

I never claimed it was more or less entertaining. Just commented on a potential cause

• Registered Users Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Pumas losing at the death again, how many have they lost in similar fashion? Thought Jackson should have gone to the TMO when they were on the Boks line, could have been a try there.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭golfer555

Pumas losing at the death again, how many have they lost in similar fashion? Thought Jackson should have gone to the TMO when they were on the Boks line, could have been a try there.

Up by 12 points I think it was with 10 minutes left, they totally bottled it as normal. A bit like watching their Super Rugby side but in fairness they were much better then them.

Argentina can really compete and should have won yesterday but don't have a clue how to close out a game. Based on yesterday's performance they should be beating both Soth Africa & Australia home and away but think they'll lose all their games. Next week in Salta will be massive.

Advertisement