Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new high end laptop but not a clue what to buy or where

Options
  • 20-08-2016 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭

Budget: €2k

Intended use: Citrix RDP. Work. Running multiple VMs for demos etc. Good amount of storage. At least 500Gb. Ssd would be nice.
    Also need an i7 processor. And at least 16Gb of RAM.

Mobility: reasonably mobile, medium size to fit in back back and good battery

Warranty: Yep

Operating System:
    Windows 10

So my laptop is coming up to 6 years old now and is showing its age. There are multiple marks on it and some damage here and there. Also doesn't perform as well as it used to.

I've done a few nice upgrades to it. 1.5TB storage of which 500Gb is SSD. 8Gb of RAM up from 4Gb. Has an i5 in it. I could probably use the Ssd and 1TB drive in the new lappy if it came to it.

Anyway i need to replace it. One thing that I hated about this laptop is that the fan is always on and loud. It's key for me that new lappy is quiet. I don't care about graphics btw.

I know what I'm looking for just don't know where to look for it

Any ideas?

Comments

Advertisement