Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi boosters for sonos

Options
  • 20-08-2016 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi all .
    1st post in this section. Firstly I'm not very electronic aware and fairly computer illiterate.
    My problem is..
    I have a sonos play 1 for the house and Vodafone broadband. I'm having a party in an outside shed and want to run my play 1 in this shed which is roughly 70 metres from my modem in the house (which gives me about 4k speeds but not great upstairs in house at times).
    I also have a garage between house an shed which I hope to run a play 5 out a window.
    I hAve access to a play 5 and another play 1 for the night so I hope to have sound in house/shed and from the garage in between. I have power in all places. Is this possible with boosters etc? What is the best way to do it?? All info greatly appreciated
    Thank u

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Purchase a very long either net cable and connect it to the closest sonos product (to the router) . Sonos use a wireless daisy chain, so each sonos takes wireless from the next. No need to worrie about wifi range extenders etc

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭brieny1000

akaSol wrote: »
    Purchase a very long either net cable and connect it to the closest sonos product (to the router) . Sonos use a wireless daisy chain, so each sonos takes wireless from the next. No need to worrie about wifi range extenders etc

Thanks.
    So just plug the sonos in the house to the router. Have the cable that came with it for that. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

brieny1000 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    So just plug the sonos in the house to the router. Have the cable that came with it for that. Thank you
    Hi, I'm the guy "moved", post below, just pointing out that great as Bluetooth may or may not be, I believe only one speaker at a time will work,( handshake), and stereo is also a slight problem on less you spend serious Bose money? This may have nothing to do with your question, but something I think folk should be aware of in future.

Advertisement