Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst game trade (or trade in) you ever made.

Options
  • 20-08-2016 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭

What's the worst game trade you ever made? Or worst trade in, worst value, worst swap, whatever.

I used to trade in all the time, stupid kid I was. So much stuff I'm annoyed about now. For starters, when I was much younger, 10 or 11 I think, I traded in pokemon ruby and a boxed copy of Zelda ALTTP on GBA for one of those ****ing terrible Yugioh GBA games.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I cant bring myself to ever part with a game. I have never thrown out a game. Just cant. I still have my original gambit and games, Sega gamegear and games, megadrive games, she's games, PC games. I've an entire room with shelves filled with games. Sad I know, but hey, it's a hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Never traded in a game ever.

Kids have but I only let them trade in games I dont like so its not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

When I was 15/16, my uncle's friend was a big guy at Sony, and gave me 2 bags with ~40 PS1 games.

I finished around 10 of them, played another 10, and after 2 good summers traded them into the now defunct game shop on Talbot Street (the small, cool one).

===
    Another: I was amassing a PS2 collection, finding rare gems & buying them up for peanuts.
    Recession hit & I lost my job. Had to sell them to make ends meet.

The worst was when I met up with a friend I hadn't seen in ages, a week later, who told me he was building his own PS2 collection. He would've paid me near double what I got in the shop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    When I was 15/16, my uncle's friend was a big guy at Sony, and gave me 2 bags with ~40 PS1 games.

I finished around 10 of them, played another 10, and after 2 good summers traded them into the now defunct game shop on Talbot Street (the small, cool one).

===
    Another: I was amassing a PS2 collection, finding rare gems & buying them up for peanuts.
    Recession hit & I lost my job. Had to sell them to make ends meet.

The worst was when I met up with a friend I hadn't seen in ages, a week later, who told me he was building his own PS2 collection. He would've paid me near double what I got in the shop :(

Nowt worse than selling games for rubbish reasons like needing cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

traded them into the now defunct game shop on Talbot Street (the small, cool one).

Game Exchange?

• Advertisement

Vanquish on the PS3
    Ended up buying it again on x360
    Great game that I initially never gave a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Skerries wrote: »

No, the one further up.
    Beside Talbot Dance Centre, under the railway bridge.

It's long gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

not intentionally a trade.

When I was much much younger a friend borrowed my copy of Gunstar Heroes for a bit and while he was borrowing it he traded it with another friend for General Chaos.

Guess which one I got back and which one I never saw again.

original boxed copy of gunstar heroes one of the best games of the 16-bit era traded away without my permission.

Never forgave my friend for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

No, the one further up.
    Beside Talbot Dance Centre, under the railway bridge.

It's long gone now.

Gamezone

Advertisement