Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strat Worthy of a Birthday?

Options
  • 20-08-2016 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Currently, I own a Westwood Les Paul.
    It is more or less, ****e to me. Although, it does do the job when it comes to some things, it just isn't my thing.
    I am more of a strat man and I have been searching for a guitar to suit me for the last year or so. At first I was confident a Fender Strat would do the trick until I found this out about Dean Zelinsky's guitars from watching Premier Guitar on youtube and coming across their Tagliare range.

After that I kinda realized that Fenders don't quite have the value for money. At Walton's I tried a Mexican Strat for €800 and it wouldn't stay in tune for it's life, worse than my €100 Westwood, so I am very sceptical of Mexicans despite the fact I know they are more or less equivocal to USA's standards.
    I don't want to spend too much money, and I want the best value for money I can possibly get, which is why I want to get the Dean Zelinsky Tagliare there pictured. They offered me a brilliant discounted price to help me to ship it to Ireland, and overall (including customs 3.3% and VAT 23% here) the price comes to about €800.
    Should I go with it or what do you guys think?

Also if you read all that, thanks dude, I appreciate it :P

Should I get a Dean Zelinsky Tagliare? 2 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    0% 0 votes
    Risky from America
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 InfiniteSolo

The guitar in question is this one:
    deanzelinsky.com/guitars/outlet/one-offs/tagliare-zglide-standard-one-off-vwh-285skssk

Copy and paste that into your browser, the server wouldn't let me post it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

https://www.thomann.de/gb/dean_zelinsky_private_label_tagliare_custom_rw_vs.htm

Not sure if its the same model as you were looking at but thomann have a few in stock for a lot less than 800.
    Nvm you posted the one you were looking at when i made my post..best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

99% of tuning issues on guitars are either floating bridges (yuk) or the strings binding through the nut.

the nut issue is a lot more common on new guitars as the slots haven't had a chance to smooth out.

I have saved a load of people serious outlay by buffing the nut slots for a fiver rather than adding locking tuners which don't solve the issue anyway!

The one on Thomann is very similiar, although it doesn't have humbuckers like on the one I was offered, or their special necks. Although, it is much better value for money. Not sure what to do now...

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

If you've been searching for a year you will be extremely lucky to find the guitar you want in your first on-line purchase . You will also have a very poor resale value on the Zelinsky probably about 30 - 40 % back in a private sale.
    €800 you could get a used American strat and if you dont like it it will still be worth €800

Dont lose faith in Fender because of Waltons , half of the guitars they have on display are barely playable no matter what make they are.

• Advertisement

I think I'll save off for buying the €800, might as well buy the Thomann for €350 with a hardcase, setup, fuzz pedal and amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

I picked up an Anniversary American Deluxe Strat from Adverts for around €800 a couple of years back. I have a shed load of "good" guitars and this is my work horse. I use it for everything and it has never let me down. If you like your Strats then splash out on a proper one and you won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

If you cant afford that have a look at the Squier Classic Vibes, Dont let the Squier badge put you off , My one was pretty much on par with my modded USA Strat Absolutely superb guitars for the money

Theres a great deal on adverts , absolutely nothing got to do with me or my adds

http://www.adverts.ie/electric-guitars/squier-classic-vibe/11181962

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

KeithTS wrote: »
    I picked up an Anniversary American Deluxe Strat from Adverts for around €800 a couple of years back. I have a shed load of "good" guitars and this is my work horse. I use it for everything and it has never let me down. If you like your Strats then splash out on a proper one and you won't regret it.

This is good advice. I wouldn't pay €800 for a Zelinksy.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

Can't go wrong with a G&L Legacy. I've sold all my fender strats (US and Custom Shop)

They can be picked up for little money on e-bay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement