Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Crv recall fixes

Options
  • 19-08-2016 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

My 2006 Honda crv had two recalls which I set up an appointment to fix. One of the recalls was for the window master switch which could be in danger of melting or going on fire. The window stopped working (not winding up) so I assumed the recall issue would fix this. The garage called me today to let me know that the issue with the window is not on the master switch itself but on the tape over it so they want €440 to fix this corroded switch. Told them no on fixing this issue so they charged me €90 for the opening and examining the switch even though this would have to be done anyway to replace the tape.

On examining the recall notice further it clearly states that if the tape is damaged that it could damage any of the mechanics around the tape and that this would get fixed if affected by any liquids etc leaking into them. From what you can probably gather I am completely car illiterate and so I just feel that they have jipped me. I have rang Honda HQ and explained to them what happened and they seemed to agree that it should have been fixed free of charge. They will be investigating it next week with the garage. I am out of the country all next week so won't be able to get any updates until after I get back but if anyone has experienced anything like this did it get resolved to your satisfaction?

Oh and the part they were looking to replace can be got online for a third of the price they quoted me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

VOSA have this as a recall on 01 to 06 CRV's it clearly states that the switch may become faulty due to water ingress which yours appears to have.
    The Honda dealer should have dealt with this better and not tries to pull a fast one on you.
    I'd personally try and find another Honda dealer which is better to work with, that one sounds a bit shady to me.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=21505E6D89B0925A80257A91002A5E06&freeText=Blank&tx=

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

Thanks for your response. Yes, I've spoken to a few people about this and everyone tells me that it should definitely have been fixed free of charge by this authorised dealership. I guess I'll wait on Honda hq to get back to me.

Advertisement