Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement engine from NI or UK

Options
  • 19-08-2016 6:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭

I'm thinking of putting my dad's Nissan Navara back on the road, but it's got a busted engine. Anyone know if it's a good thing or worth the money to source a reconditioned engine from the UK...any website etc appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

All I know is be extra careful, I know a guy who paid for an engine to be shipped from the UK and it never arrived! Without tarring them all with the same brush some people who deal in scrap and salvage can be less than scrupulous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭Ericdravancrow

Cheers, I'll keep that in mind. If I can source one in NI, probably drive up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭noelf

A guy in my work sourced a replacement engine for his Subaru Forester diesel ( crankshaft snapped) on ebay when it arrived it wouldn't fit ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭Ericdravancrow

No way I'd chance eBay for an engine.

Advertisement