Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teardrop trailer / caravan

Options
  • 19-08-2016 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Just wondering whether anyone has one of these? What do you think of it and where did you get it?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I saw one in France recently. Cooking facilities are outside and there is no loo. The inside hasn't much space. A decent trailer tent would be better IMO. You can get awnings for them and you would have to have an awning/gazebo over the cooking area in inclement conditions. Depends on what you want though. An expensive way to carry your mattress and 2 ring hob.

But you would be the coolest kid in town if you turned up, towing it behind a 4x4 quad with two kayaks on the roof.

One of the small Eriba caravans could be a good alternative?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

I looked at a lot of them as I was thinking of making one, you don't get much for your money and lots of cowboys seem to be making them. One of the most expensive ones made in Ireland had unfinished meranti ply underneath, chassis was box iron that had a very thin coating of bright zinc. After 8 months the ply was delaminating and the chassis was seriously rusty. You can wild camp with one though it doesn't draw the dirty looks a regular caravan does.

Advertisement