Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portlaoise Maternity - few questions

Options
  • 19-08-2016 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi, has anybody had any experiences recently in portlaoise maternity? I had my little girl 5 years ago there public and wasn't a good experience but it has been taken over by the coombe and I hope improved somewhat.....But I would like to hear of any more recent experiences there now? Have any of you went private there, has the level of care been much different to public? Who is the head of the coombe that took it over, can you go private to her?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

If you are living in portlaoise I highly recommend dr sahar aboutiye. She has a clinic there and does a pregnancy package and you'll be scanned each time
    FWIW if you go to the coombe you attend antenatal in naas if its closer to you.
    Portlaoise dont do anomaly scan either

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

If you are living in portlaoise I highly recommend dr sahar aboutiye. She has a clinic there and does a pregnancy package and you'll be scanned each time
    FWIW if you go to the coombe you attend antenatal in naas if its closer to you.
    Portlaoise dont do anomaly scan either

Thanks for that, what does FWIW mean?? Where is her clinic, or is she a consultant herself? What kind of package does it include?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

michdee wrote:
    Thanks for that, what does FWIW mean?? Where is her clinic, or is she a consultant herself? What kind of package does it include?

Stands 'for what its worth' ill send u a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dobad

That would be super thanks v much

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JediGirl

I have a mix of experiences with the Midlands Regional Hospital in Portlaoise.
    I had two miscarriages, both of them treated there.
    The first one was treated fairly well, I was given an injection to cause contractions so that my body would clean itself which worked very well.
    The midwives were really great and very very helpful.
    I even got a private room so that I was able to sleep whenever I wanted and cry whenever I felt like it.

However, I am really disappointed from a medical perspective about the care I was given the second time I miscarried. I reported to the ER with heavy bleeding and it took almost two hours for the doctor to see me. I was scanned and taken to the ward, no injection to cause contractions was given to me.
    I have to point out that once again I was given a private en suite room, very comfortable, my husband was allowed to stay with me. The midwives again were great.
    The next morning I was discharged home with NO FURTHER SCANS TAKEN or without making sure that the product had passed. I only passed the product the next day, which meant that should my body not have had the ability to clean itself, I would probably end up with an infection or even die from SEPSA at a later stage.
    I am hugely disappointed and I am sure I will not be coming back there with any health problems I might have.

• Advertisement
Advertisement