Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferring a course

Options
  • 19-08-2016 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm just making out a draft for Monday to defer a course and I was hoping I could get a bit of help to ensure that I have everything correct. I've been using this page from the CAO website as a guide and to the best of my knowledge this is what I need. If it means anything I'll be deferring a course from Mary I.

Subject: DEFERRED ENTRY
    Name:
    CAO Application Number:
    Reason for deferral request:

Is there anything missing from this? I thought that my Leaving Cert exam number should be in there myself.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your CAO number is the number the college will identify you by.
    Just make sure to send it to Mary I and follow all the other instructions to the letter. I would say they are common mistakes people make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

So I do include my examination number?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No, they do not need it. It's used for SEC purposes. From now on, you will always be referred to by your CAO number.

It will do no harm to include your LC number, but it means nothing to the colleges.

The CAO number is your reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

That's grand thanks. Should I write it like a letter or just keep it brief and keep it like I have below by filling in the relevant information?
    Subject: DEFERRED ENTRY
    Name:
    CAO Application Number:
    Reason for deferral request:

Either will do.

I, Advanced Ghost, CAO number xxxxxxxxx wish to defer my entry to course YY1234 for the academic year 2016-2017 because (insert reasons here).

Check Mary I's site to see does their deferral policy say anything extra (if they have one).

• Advertisement
Advertisement