Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining a course late.

Options
  • 19-08-2016 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

To begin, this,post is based off completely hypothetical situations but a situation which may arise. So I got 540 in the lc and I figure I'll be about 10 points short of pharmacy. I feel I may go up in rechecks as I felt I deserved an a1 in chemistry and geography.
    My question is, if after rechecks I go up in points and get pharmacy, would it be too late to join the course ( it'll be about 4 weeks into the course). I know I could defer the year but that wouldn't be ideal.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭LC2016

To begin, this,post is based off completely hypothetical situations but a situation which may arise. So I got 540 in the lc and I figure I'll be about 10 points short of pharmacy. I feel I may go up in rechecks as I felt I deserved an a1 in chemistry and geography.
    My question is, if after rechecks I go up in points and get pharmacy, would it be too late to join the course ( it'll be about 4 weeks into the course). I know I could defer the year but that wouldn't be ideal.
    Thanks.
    I may be in the same position as I missed my first by 5 points. From what I heard, it wouldn't be too late as in colleges there are people always coming and going throughout the year. There may be people in that pharmacy course in the same position too waiting on rechecks to move to veterinary,medicine,dentistry,physiotherapy etc and if are successful will leave to join that respective course.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 niall monaghan

Would you not be concerned about the amount of work they've gone through? Like it'll get to a stage where it's near impossible to catch up?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Would you not be concerned about the amount of work they've gone through? Like it'll get to a stage where it's near impossible to catch up?

Not in the first four weeks. That's settling in time. Also, it's catching up time for those who didn't do specific LC subjects.

Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

endacl wrote: »
    Not in the first four weeks. That's settling in time. Also, it's catching up time for those who didn't do specific LC subjects.

Be grand.

This. My course was Law but the first 4 weeks were not that bad at all and mostly just introductions and basic stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 niall monaghan

Not too bad so, now all I have left to do is go up a few points, probably gonna be harder than I think ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
Advertisement