Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to have someone else view scripts?

Options
  • 18-08-2016 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

I won't be here on September 2nd and I'm curious about my marks for physics and business. Any way I could elect someone to view the marks on my behalf?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

TSMGUY wrote: »
    I won't be here on September 2nd and I'm curious about my marks for physics and business. Any way I could elect someone to view the marks on my behalf?

You can't elect anyone to view the marks. You 'could' ask your teacher to view it with you. I think you would be able to correct both of the above subjects as they would be right/wrong questions and you get a copy of the marking scheme.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

While you can bring someone with you to view scripts, I'm fairly sure you can't nominate someone to view them on your behalf, you have to actually be present.

General advice on bringing another person to view scripts:

Ask your teacher or, if unavailable, another teacher of that subject (ideally, a teacher who has examined in that subject).

Note "ask" ... don't simply wander in and expect all your teachers to be lined up in a row for two days (unpaid extra duty) waiting to serve you when you swan in! :p

Often schools will have a system to facilitate this, sometimes they will just take a list of students who would like Ms. Agsciteacher to view their scripts with them, or they will pass on names and tel. numbers for Ms. A. to contact, or whatever.

If you don't have a way of contacting the relevant teacher(s) directly, just ask the school what the normal procedure in your school is.

Advertisement