Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think I have a chance of getting into my course through HEAR scheme?

Options
  • 18-08-2016 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So I received my leaving Cert results yesterday and I was delighted with my 420 points. But the problem is my course is 445. I didn't think I was going to get my points but I'm happy I was close. 2 months ago I found out I qualified for the HEAR scheme and I know they can reduce the course points for certain people on the course. What do you think the chance of me getting the course through reduced points is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Gigix wrote: »
    So I received my leaving Cert results yesterday and I was delighted with my 420 points. But the problem is my course is 445. I didn't think I was going to get my points but I'm happy I was close. 2 months ago I found out I qualified for the HEAR scheme and I know they can reduce the course points for certain people on the course. What do you think the chance of me getting the course through reduced points is?

Nobody really knows until they come out, because there's so many variables involved (places on the course, average grade of applicant, demand for the course etc).

I know a few people in DCU that got in through HEAR and they ranged from being 10-40 points off so, you're definitely in the right area.

Well done on the results! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Impossible to tell

Since you qualify for HEAR, as well as competing for CAO places you are also competing for HEAR places on your courses

If you're one of the amount of highest points of the people eligible for HEAR that apply for a course then you will be offered it

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Vilas

Wishing you best of luck mate. I scored 410, with my course being 405 last year. Its very likely to go up this year so I am definitely counting on HEAR to get me in. Fingers crossed!

Advertisement