Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal Swimming Pool - Public Hours

Options
  • 18-08-2016 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Have to get back to the odd swim as I really miss it, will probably wait till kids go back to school.

Anyone know when would the pool be fairly quiet, say between 12-4pm, weekdays, I suppose most days once the kids are in school.:D

Do you need a swimming cap and what system do they use for your clothes.

Only €8 for a swim which is not bad.

http://www.crystalleisurecentre.com/facilities/swimming-pool.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Have to get back to the odd swim as I really miss it, will probably wait till kids go back to school.

Anyone know when would the pool be fairly quiet, say between 12-4pm, weekdays, I suppose most days once the kids are in school.:D

Do you need a swimming cap and what system do they use for your clothes.

Only €8 for a swim which is not bad.

http://www.crystalleisurecentre.com/facilities/swimming-pool.html

havent been to crystal in a long time but lockers were coin operated last time i was there, 1 euro i think, refundable.

swim caps are required for all pools including crystal. purchasable on site but maybe cheaper elsewhere. only a couple of quid anyway.

kingfisher is also available to the public for the times that suit you. access must be between 2-4pm, but as long as you access between those times, you can stay in the pool for as long as you want. last time i used crystal, some sessions were only for 50 mins. a padlock is required for the lockers in kingfisher. recommend a combination lock, purchasable at reception for 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Deisedarren

Well. I work out there,
    Up till the end of August there are Public Swims till 7pm. All day so can come in anytime and stay as long as you want,
    It all Depends on the day if it's busy or Quite,
    Timetable will Change in September

You do need to wear a hat, can be Purchased at Reception for €1.95

Lockers are €1 and you get it back once locker is opened.

There also a block of 10 Visits for €50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Cheers guys,

When using the coin locker, does the coin release the key attached to a rubber band which u keep on your wrist when swimming is that how it works.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Cheers guys,

When using the coin locker, does the coin release the key attached to a rubber band which u keep on your wrist when swimming is that how it works.

responded to this but it didnt post:confused:

yes, when you insert your euro coin, the key is released. the straps are plastic but comfortable enough while swimming. some of the straps and lockers were broken when i was last there, so chose wisely.

turn up maybe 15 mins or so early for a session as it can sometimes be busy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

come in anytime and stay as long as you want,

I thought it was only an hour u can stay for, last time I was there it was strictly an hour

• Advertisement

I thought it was only an hour u can stay till, last time I was there it was strictly an hour

last time i was there, it depended what was going on in the pool that day. if you timed it right, you could get a couple of hours in the pool. minimum session lengths are 50 mins.

Advertisement