Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clutch question

Options
  • 18-08-2016 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I have another clutch question. Yesterday evening I went to view a 2008 Skoda Octavia 1.9 diesel (looking to buy for my wife). I have one myself, and think its a great car (I got mine last year from a relative, its also a 2008 Octavia 1.9 diesel). The body work was fine, no dents or scratches 188k on the clock, fine with this milage for its years (mine has a lot more). The thing was, in first gear, the clutch engaged almost immediately from when started to let my foot out. In fact the first couple of times I did it, the car cut out, so immediate was the engagement. In my own car, the clutch engages about half way up the foot pedal release and pedal engagement area is also 'larger'. The car drove fine, and the clutch didn't seem to be slipping when I took it on test run. Also, when I was say changing down from third to second, the engagement gear engagement didn't feel as smooth as on my own Diesel Octavia. Does anyone know whats causing the early, sharp clutch engagement. Thanks for any informative answers.

Advertisement