Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floods destroy home of preacher who says natural disasters punish gays.

Options
  • 18-08-2016 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/christian-home-destroyed-flood-tony-perkins-natural-disasters-gods-punishment-homosexuality-a7196786.html
    A flood has destroyed the home of a Christian lobbyist who preached that God sends natural disasters to punish gays.

President of the controversial Christian group Family Research Council, Tony Perkins, described a deluge of “near biblical proportions” hitting his Louisiana home. Mr Perkins has a long and well-documented history of disparaging gay people.

Writing on the FRC website, he said: “While activists like to claim that pedophilia [sic] is a completely distinct orientation from homosexuality, evidence shows a disproportionate overlap between the two. … It is a homosexual problem.”
    He has also claimed homosexuality is incompatible with evolution and has likened it to a drug or alcohol addiction.

He added: "The most important thing that Christians can offer to homosexuals is hope - hope that their sins, just like the sins of anyone else, can be forgiven and their lives transformed.”

Ain't karma a bitch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

I don't know who's worse; him for hiding his hateful bigotry behind religion or you for believing in and not understanding karma.

(It's him)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

I believe the phrase that applies is "Poetic justice".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

So, is this Gods way of telling us that the preacher is gay?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I don't know who's worse; him for hiding his hateful bigotry behind religion or you for believing in and not understanding karma.

(It's him)

Yeah, I'm going to say it's the former, can see what the OP means about Karma. Nothing wrong with the comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

(It's him)

Your username is very apt for a thread about floods.Not a dig at you,I just found it funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

marcbrophy wrote: »
    So, is this Gods way of telling us that the preacher is gay?

:pac:

The preacher will most likely tell us that god targeted him because he failed to convert enough gays from their gayness, or maybe he'd prefer to see us all killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

His god obviously has a delicious sense of iron! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Stigura wrote: »
    His god obviously has a delicious sense of iron! :D

Very Ironic

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

He said it was just a test and that everything is going as he intended...

If it happens to someone I don't like = divine justice
    If it happens to me = God is just testing my devotion

what an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Candie wrote: »
    I believe the phrase that applies is "Poetic justice".

Or irony. Maybe he was keeping something hidden...

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

And how many more homes in louisiana and Mississippi have been destroyed by flooding. What an absolute sh!t story.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Eramen wrote: »
    Floods as gay punishment? How ridiculous :D

Obviously he didn't read the latest HSE report on the matter which went something along the lines of..

The bigotry of statistical reality?

That's obviously god punishing the people of Kerry for electing the gobshíte brothers (AKA the Healy Raes).

And rightly so I have to say - smite them oh lord, maybe some locusts if I may be so bold?

Advertisement