Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question on when to change Timing Chain on Nissan Note 2008

Options
  • 18-08-2016 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My Nissan Note 2008 is at 105K Km's now and I think I might need to get the timing chain replaced.

It is running fine, no issues with the engine and I get it serviced regularly.

The problem I have is I can not find a concrete response anywhere to when I do need to replace the timing chain or even if I do(which sounds crazy) as some sites say as long as the oil is changed at regular times it does not need to be replaced.

Can anyone clarify for me when I do need it replaced?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A timing chain does not need replacing unless there is reason, like it has worn down or similar.
    A chain will make a noise if it is worn and will need replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

As above. Usually when there is a problem with the chain the engine management warning light will come on or you will notice the car occasionally stalling for no reason (or both). I speak from experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Thanks for all the responses!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

As, others have said, I don't think you need to replace a timing chain. My 1.0 Yaris has 147,700 miles, which is serviced every 5k after it hit 100,000 miles. It's still going perfect (touch wood :D ) so, unless it start to rattle, id not bother it.

Advertisement