Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Automatic Car Centre, Clane/Rush, feedback?

  • 18-08-2016 6:22am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 39 methodinsane
    Registered User


    Hi guys,

    I'm looking at some Jap Imports. Has anyone ever used AMC in Clane, Kildare, or Rush,Dublin? Just wondering if they are OK to deal with. I can't seem to find any feedback or reviews.

    Thanks,
    J


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭ richardsheil
    Registered User


    Hi guys,

    I'm looking at some Jap Imports. Has anyone ever used AMC in Clane, Kildare, or Rush,Dublin? Just wondering if they are OK to deal with. I can't seem to find any feedback or reviews.

    Thanks,
    J

    I sent you a pm yesterday which might be of help


  • Registered Users Posts: 39 methodinsane
    Registered User


    Bumpy -

    Does anybody have any feedback on either of these places?

    Thanks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭ Bigus
    Registered User


    Get an insurance quote, before you rush into a. Jap import, lots of companies won't insure them today, might be false economy buying one.


  • Registered Users Posts: 39 methodinsane
    Registered User


    Bigus wrote: »
    Get an insurance quote, before you rush into a. Jap import, lots of companies won't insure them today, might be false economy buying one.

    Hi,

    Thanks for the advice. I found an Irish reg one on adverts, same model and year and got a quote was pretty good. Not sure if a fresh import would be treated differently.

    Thanks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭ Vote 4 Pedro
    Registered User


    Hi guys,

    I'm looking at some Jap Imports. Has anyone ever used AMC in Clane, Kildare, or Rush,Dublin? Just wondering if they are OK to deal with. I can't seem to find any feedback or reviews.

    Thanks,
    J

    Hi,

    Could I please ask how you got on finding any info or feedback about them as I'm also looking at them,
    also looking at Choice cars if you know anything could you please let me know.

    Anyone know any good place to buy.
    I'm looking for a 2008 - 2009 Honda Jazz/Fit Automatic.

    Many Thanks


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭ GypsyByName
    Registered User


    Im also looking for some feedback on these guys! they do have some beautiful looking vehicles in fairness!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 23 ✭✭✭ blastamasta
    Registered User


    Not sure if I am allowed to say this on public forum so in case you want more info drop me PM.
    I will only say before you buy run Japanese car check on below website. It is 30 euro and will give you millage history and auction sheet. They should also show you this and if they don't it means something is wrong.
    https://carvx.jp/
    Also it will give you indication if car was in collision. I think they mostly get "R" rated cars which I am assuming is something similar to Category D from UK but don't quote me on this.


  • Registered Users Posts: 39 methodinsane
    Registered User


    Hi guys,

    To follow up I ended up buying a Nissan Serena private. The seller purchased elsewhere on the northside.  Car was in great shape for a 2006.  Lovely alternative to other MPV vehicles for a family of 6. It's a 2L petrol CVT transmission. I get around 28-30MPG. So I've no feedback to give on the Clane lads.
    Thanks,
    John Paul


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭ corks finest
    Registered User


    Bigus wrote: »
    Get an insurance quote, before you rush into a. Jap import, lots of companies won't insure them today, might be false economy buying one.
    Liberty insured me,Jap Honda insight import,but yes,one should get information first,good advice


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭ corks finest
    Registered User


    Bigus wrote: »
    Get an insurance quote, before you rush into a. Jap import, lots of companies won't insure them today, might be false economy buying one.
    Liberty insured me,Jap Honda insight import,but yes,one should get information first,good advice


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 ✭✭✭ drorrie
    Registered User


    I know it's been over 3 years since this post but has anyone any feedback on this dealer? I'm looking for an automatic, preferably an estate and i like the idea of a hybrid... They have the best selection but don't seem to be SIMI registered so a bit wary. Website is hard to get info on. Not too much descriptions of the cars.
    Thanks!


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭ Bigus
    Registered User


    drorrie wrote: »
    I know it's been over 3 years since this post but has anyone any feedback on this dealer? I'm looking for an automatic, preferably an estate and i like the idea of a hybrid... They have the best selection but don't seem to be SIMI registered so a bit wary. Website is hard to get info on. Not too much descriptions of the cars.
    Thanks!

    SIMI don’t like jap importers and wouldn’t entertain a membership application, the fact they’re still going is a good sign.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12 ✭✭✭ drorrie
    Registered User


    Ok so i chanced these guys and put a deposit on a 142 black prius estate. Was really happy with everything... Right up until I asked for the VIN to do a check on the car. Said he'd send it but a few days later instead I got a message saying there had been a clerical error and the car didn't have 93k km as listed on his spread sheet, it actually had 137k and my deposit was being returned in a cheque. I did then ask him if he had anything else suitable for me but got no reply. Possibly a genuine error? But I'm not willing to chance it anymore. Shame as I love the cars they have and was really looking forward to driving that prius estate. It would have suited me and my needs perfectly.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭ Bigus
    Registered User


    Why not but it with 137k on it ? They refunded your Cheque because they’re probably not prepared to discount it from the original price even with higher miles and they’ll sell it handy anyway and they assume you’d ask for discount now.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12 ✭✭✭ drorrie
    Registered User


    Bigus wrote: »
    Why not but it with 137k on it ? They refunded your Cheque because they’re probably not prepared to discount it from the original price even with higher miles and they’ll sell it handy anyway and they assume you’d ask for discount now.

    Because I specifically wanted a car with less than 60-70k miles on it so this one is no good for me. I did ask the guy had he anything else suitable but he didn't get back to me.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭ Bigus
    Registered User


    drorrie wrote: »
    Because I specifically wanted a car with less than 60-70k miles on it so this one is no good for me. I did ask the guy had he anything else suitable but he didn't get back to me.

    When you’re buying second hand , it’s a balance of your requirements vs what’s available on the market, it’s not like ordering a new car, so it’s always going to be a compromise, unless you buy new.

    Having said that , a hybrid engine is only going less than 50 % of the time it’s running so higher mileage on hybrids is not the same as conventional cars .

    Anyway on what scientific or logical basis did you come up with your arbitrary mileage ceiling ? ,as there are ‘no mileage specific’ major service items on a hybrid unlike timing belts etc on more conventional cars .

    An from vast experience, mileage is only ONE factor of many, in accessing a used cars condition and expected life expectancy.

    Anyway good luck in your search but I fear it’s going to be a very long and frustrating experience if you’re going to be so rigid.

    For the record I don’t know or have any connection with the business mentioned.


  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ Mrdata.
    Registered User


    Also looking for any feedback for this dealer. May go down the hybrid route in the next month or so and they seem to have a great selection.


  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ ToxicPaddy
    Baaanaaaanaaaaa


    Anyone have feedback on these guys? Looking at a car they have on their site but reviews for them seem to as rare as hens teeth :rolleyes:

    The seem to have a fairly decent selection of cars, including a lot of European models but are still Jap imports.


  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ Undertow
    Registered User


    Bigus wrote: »
    SIMI don’t like jap importers and wouldn’t entertain a membership application, the fact they’re still going is a good sign.

    I'm no expert on this, but Airways Motor Centre on the northside are are SIMI award winners, yet they do Jap Imports!

    Also looking for feedback on this car-centre though, they do seem to have a lot of good stock!


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭ User1998
    Registered User


    Undertow wrote: »
    I'm no expert on this, but Airways Motor Centre on the northside are are SIMI award winners, yet they do Jap Imports!

    Naas Road Autos would be the same


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭ Bigus
    Registered User


    Undertow wrote: »
    I'm no expert on this, but Airways Motor Centre on the northside are are SIMI award winners, yet they do Jap Imports!

    Also looking for feedback on this car-centre though, they do seem to have a lot of good stock!

    My comment was from 2016 , things can change.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭ corks finest
    Registered User


    drorrie wrote: »
    Ok so i chanced these guys and put a deposit on a 142 black prius estate. Was really happy with everything... Right up until I asked for the VIN to do a check on the car. Said he'd send it but a few days later instead I got a message saying there had been a clerical error and the car didn't have 93k km as listed on his spread sheet, it actually had 137k and my deposit was being returned in a cheque. I did then ask him if he had anything else suitable for me but got no reply. Possibly a genuine error? But I'm not willing to chance it anymore. Shame as I love the cars they have and was really looking forward to driving that prius estate. It would have suited me and my needs perfectly.

    I can recommend Declan Gill motors ( jap importers) decent guy if u choose not to deal or pull out of current one, I travelled to Dublin rather than being totally ripped off here in Cork


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭ User1998
    Registered User


    Bigus wrote: »
    My comment was from 2016 , things can change.

    It was last year


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭ corks finest
    Registered User


    User1998 wrote: »
    It was last year

    Ffs changed from android to iPhone 2 days ago , popped up as one of my followed threads,,, senior moment sorry


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭ User1998
    Registered User


    Ffs changed from android to iPhone 2 days ago , popped up as one of my followed threads,,, senior moment sorry

    No no, I was replying to a poster who said his comment was from 6 years ago when it was only last year.

    Wasn’t having a pop at you :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭ corks finest
    Registered User


    User1998 wrote: »
    No no, I was replying to a poster who said his comment was from 6 years ago when it was only last year.

    Wasn’t having a pop at you :D

    Feck and there’s me nearly looking at retirement homes 😳


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko
    Arbiter


    Old thread lock.


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement