Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men Giving Men Their Old Shirts ....?

Options
  • 18-08-2016 4:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

W T F is That about, After Hours? Can anybody shine any light on it, please?

I'm sat here, draped in a huge, tent like shirt that John S once gave me. Not a bad shirt at all, to be honest. I genuinely like it. But; John is about four times as big as me. So is the shirt.

He runs a second hand shop, in town. I've bought bits from him. Given him bits, to put on his shelves ~ to free space on mine, without just wasting stuff. We owe eachother nothing. Why did he, one day, randomly give me this bloody shirt?!

John J. Lovely guy! Used to run what was my local. Loved the hours I spent, sat at the bar, nattering with JJ. Wonderful man.

I once mentioned that I didn't have a frying pan. Next time we met? He presented me with a spare frying pan, from his family kitchen. And a fcuking Shirt!!!

Frankly? I was deeply touched by the gift of the pan. I use it, once a week. And I thank JJ, every week, in my head. I always will. But, WTF was the Shirt about?! (Obviously, one doesn't blurt out these things in the moment)

Do yo thang, AH!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Dude, put the spliff down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Someone please delete this horrendous excuse for a thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

corglass wrote: »

Oooh! Someone please note that we have a Mod in the Wanting here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,851 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Just ask him

"Eh why the f did you give me a shirt"

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Were you barechested at the time?

Cover yourself up OP

• Advertisement

Ah, good ol' JJ. Salt of the earth. He'd give you the shirt off his back so he would.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I don't give a shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

This would make more sense if the other chapters from the novel were there. Can we download it somewhere OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Thought men gave their shirts to people they had sex with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

JJ seems a sound man, he give you the shirt of his back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

So both John S and John J both have you shirts? Well isn't it painfully obvious that your own taste in shirts is so piss poor that random fat people feel obliged to give you they're despite the fact they're much bigger than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

A frying pan, and a shirt! Your in his pocket now. Does he have any pigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,701 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Op tis far from wearing hand me downs you were reared!

(Or was it?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Stigura wrote: »

bloody shirt?!

He's clearly framing you for murder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

See? It is weird! All these replies and no one's come across it before. And, for the record; I'm not skint and nobody would get that impression of me.

Now, here's the kicker: There exists a recording, made in the 50's, of two Welsh Romani Gypsys talking in fluent Romani. They're talking just to demonstrate their language. So, it's a bit random. But, one of them actually says: " Haven't you got an old shirt you could give me? " :eek:

My point is that it's seen in even a completely different culture. Twilight Zone! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

have you been as far as to do look more like?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Was it the end of a football match? Pretty common then.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Who doesn't own a frying pan?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

ISWYDT :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

You are stoned out of your mind man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

And a ban as well for the OP please