Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2011 Mondeo Alternatives

Options
  • 17-08-2016 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I drive an 04 Yaris and I feel it's time to upgrade to a big boy car (though I really love the Yaris and it's still running really well). Rough calculation shows I should be doing a bit over 20k km per year (but the longest single journey will probably be an hour trip on the m1, which should be up to twice a week). I'm thinking a 1.6l diesel may be the way to go for that purpose. I'd like something reliable and economic, size isn't really an issue, and I'm thinking of going 4 or 5 years old. Would be looking to spend up to €8k (that's a flexible number though).

So a bit of researching has shown the Mondeo is very reliable and meets the above criteria, and I'm seeing a 2011 hatchback that's tempting at a very reasonable price. My question is what else should I be considering? What's comparable that meets the above (very non-technical) specs without breaking the bank?

Also, am I way off thinking a 1.6L diesel would be roughly the most suitable for my planned usage? FYI my work commute will mostly consist of about 20km on the m50 each way for normal office hours (so lots of traffic). Other than that and the weekly trips o the the M1 it'll mostly be small trips to the shops and such.

Many thanks!

Advertisement