Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny SM....

Options
  • 17-08-2016 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

Just for a bit of a laugh....

Let's see how many glaring mistakes we can point out... Such as

1. Shaw 88 vs Moreno 89

2. Fellaini 91 vs (well pretty much any other midfielder alive!!!)

Any other ones???

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

A certain future England keeper still being rated 78.

:pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Wilberto wrote: »
    A certain future England keeper still being rated 78.

:pac: :D

Honestly don't know who your on about??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Honestly don't know who your on about??

You will.

Just watching Ireland game and checked Long's rating....

Lol!

He's better than most premiership strikers, how SM can have Sturridge on 91 (not even sure he can write down footballer on his CV anymore) and Long 87 is laughable!!!!

Should be the other way around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Just watching Ireland game and checked Long's rating....

Lol!

He's better than most premiership strikers, how SM can have Sturridge on 91 (not even sure he can write down footballer on his CV anymore) and Long 87 is laughable!!!!

Should be the other way around

Now you're having a laugh. Long got 10 goals in the premiership last season, the best he has managed in 4 seasons. I can't see him passing 88 ever

• Advertisement

Now you're having a laugh. Long got 10 goals in the premiership last season, the best he has managed in 4 seasons. I can't see him passing 88 ever

Ahhhhhhhhh! There is always one that will want it done in stats alone! Your complete neglect to mention any Sturridge stats shows how weak your point is...

OK

STURRIDGE 794 + 980 mins on pitch last 2 seasons.... 12 goals in total

91 form of course....

But your basing the rating on stats alone which dosent take into account the amount of off the ball work, hold up play, unselfish runs that Long makes week in week out for what is perceived to be (not in my opinion) weaker team than Liverpoo.....

Bottom line here is you have an Irish international who busts his balls week in week out for a mid level prem team on 87 and a Subway advertiser and part time footballer for the last 2 years on 91....

Am I really having a laugh?

He'll get bumped in the next review I'd say. I mean, before Southampton, he was playing with City, Reading, West Brom, and Hull. Yes, it was in the Premier League, but not necessarily teams where he'll get bumped to 90 etc.

But, I feel it's really only Southampton where he's been showing his quality to go with his workmanlike performance, and even at that, I reckon it took him about a season before he really got going.

Should he be rated higher than 87 though? Absolutely. I'd give him and 89 at the moment.

And Sturridge......

Anyone going to finally admit I was right years back when I said giving him 91 on the back of one good season was a mistake with his injury record???

Edit..... further to that, eh one good season where Suarez carried that team and made things significantly easier for Sturridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Liverpoo? Standard of discussion is high here I see

And Sturridge......

Anyone going to finally admit I was right years back when I said giving him 91 on the back of one good season was a mistake with his injury record???

Edit..... further to that, eh one good season where Suarez carried that team and made things significantly easier for Sturridge.

If he stayed fit I've no doubt that he could play like a 91 rated player, but in reality, we just don't know anymore really!

I reckon this season could be his last chance to remain at 91.

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote:
    Liverpoo? Standard of discussion is high here I see

Oops! Typo.....

Maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Lol poo

Ermehgerd

Bishop of banterbury in the house.

Oops! Typo.....

Maybe

Yeah......you're not fooling anyone with that one.

Lol..........

Wilberto wrote:
    If he stayed fit I've no doubt that he could play like a 91 rated player, but in reality, we just don't know anymore really!

I gave up after the 4th word.....

The rest of it is no good because it's all ifs and buts. His injury record is shocking and at 27 he's had more than enough chances to prove his ability to do it week in week out at a top club.

He failed, simple as that

Lol poo

Ermehgerd

Bishop of banterbury in the house.

You go back to celebrating!

Wilberto wrote:
    Yeah......you're not fooling anyone with that one.

Worth a shot surely!

MOD: I've just deleted several posts there. A little banter is grand, but this isn't the off topic thread for a start. Although, I'm not sure I'll allow it in that thread either to be honest.

Advertisement