Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gallstones

Options
  • 17-08-2016 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I had my gallbladder removed over 4 years ago in James, but still experiencing daily pain (starts at the port site, and can transverse across the stomach/gut). Pain occurs when I’m sitting or lying down, standing or walking can help.

After many mri scans, xrays, scopes, ultrasounds, blood-tests, etc., nothing produces a reason for the pain.

After two rounds of pain management, I'm told some-people just get pain.... (looks like I just get pain)

I'm thinking of trying some alternative medicine treatments, but looking for help. What would someone recommend (and why)? Is acupuncture good to relieve pain?
    Is there anything else to consider?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Is it possible to potentially have gallstones without much pain as a symptom? Anytime I eat fatty foods lately I keep vomiting. I've already had 2 scopes this year and was diagnosed with IBS and no ulcers or anything but the level of sickness has increased to extreme levels the last few weeks.

Advertisement