Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA college fees

Options
  • 17-08-2016 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have been on BTEA since 2015/2016 academic year and completed my Level 5 course. I was accepted onto a Level 7 course through the CAO last week. My BTEA has been provisionally accepted for 2016/2017 pending registration confirmation from the college I'm attending.

I can't register as a student unless I have 50% of my fees paid. I emailed my local intreo office and they are no help and forwarded me to my local ETB which I haven't heard back from. Anyone have any idea if the BTEA scheme helps you with your fees or who I should contact at least? Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

hey

BTEA does not contribute towards fees.

If you havent already you need to apply to SUSI.

If you havent applied then start your application to SUSI asap. Check with your college if you can register with your SUSI application number once you receive it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 11dml

Thanks. I will apply right away.
    I didn't know you could apply to susi while on BTEA. Cheers!

of course you can. The student contribution is a lot of money so I hope you are successful.

Make sure you check with your college in respect of registration aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭rebelwithcause

You can get the student contribution paid but not the maintenance grant.if you are on BTEA.

yes but again you can get the grant and be in receipt of BTEA.

They do not cancel each other out

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

You can't receive the maintenance grant and BTEA simultaneously. You can apply through SUSI and have your student contribution fees paid while still being entitled to BTEA.

yes but not being eligible for a maintenance grant does not mean a student will not get the grant to cover the student contribution.

A general statement stating that you cant be on BTEA and receive a grant is very misleading.

Students need all the financial supports available to them.

I work in that area and I would strongly advise all students to apply to SUSI and also to make sure they are properly assessed.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

yes but not being eligible for a maintenance grant does not mean a student will not get the grant to cover the student contribution.

A general statement stating that you cant be on BTEA and receive a grant is very misleading.

I work in that area and I would strongly advise all students to apply to SUSI and also to make sure they are properly assessed.
    Your statement was very misleading

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭rebelwithcause

Who said different?

I said
    "You can get the student contribution paid but not the maintenance grant if you are on BTEA."

AngryDiMaria said

"You can apply through SUSI and have your student contribution fees paid while still being entitled to BTEA."

We both said you get fees paid but no maintenance grant is available. Why are you trying to argue this? We all agree!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

They do. You cant get maintenance grant and BTEA. You can get BTEA and feee grant.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement