Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camera insurance

Options
  • 17-08-2016 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭

other than camerainsurance.ie / O'Loughlin insurance are there any other insurance company or brokers in Ireland that people could recommend.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Are there others? Yes.
    Could I recommend any? Nope.

Camerainsurance.ie seems to give the best prices and best service.

I did price others before, but when you examine the contract clauses, they just didn't work for me. One only covered the gear from 9am to 5pm, Mon to Fri. Since I do sport, and mostly work evenings and weekends, it meant that I would have no coverage. Insane. :eek:

Always good to shop around, but make sure you read the fine print, as well as watching the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Ya normally they are my first choice but there is a little bit of back and forth this year with the underwriters about whether they offer the coverage I need, hopefully it will be all sorted and I will stay with them.
    I was just going to shop around in the mean time because the renewal date is getting closer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

A few UK companies insure in Ireland.

Towergate and Photoshield.

Can't say I'd recommend either. But no harm getting a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Innisfallen

I switched to Towergate from O'Loughlins 2 years back. Slight difference in the excess, but there massive difference in price (and no issue with gear outside office hours/location). It's worth getting a quote and checking the terms.

Advertisement