Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamescom 2016

Options
  • 17-08-2016 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

Surprised there wasn't a thread on this already, lots of cool things being shown off so far!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bungie had a thing about their upcoming Destiny expansion pack

Bandai Namco's new titles caught my eye today. Little Nightmares looks interesting. Get Even though I'm not too sure about, feels very familiar. Think both have a spring 2017 release window.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Metal Gear Zombies...

That glorious-looking Snake Eater remaster being whored out in pachinko machines and we get this.

Goddamn you, Konami.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Umbrella corps did so well, here's a metal gear version of it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

:)

• Advertisement

The Surge, pre-alpha game play from the developers of Lords of the Fallen. This is another interesting one. The character movement seems almost identical to that of Lords of the Fallen and the combat is similar with a twist in that there are no light and heavy attacks , instead you have vertical and horizontal slashes.

Trying to think of another game that did the dark souls thing out side of a fantasy setting :confused: Not sure I like this or not, early days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The Surge, pre-alpha game play from the developers of Lords of the Fallen. This is another interesting one. The character movement seems almost identical to that of Lords of the Fallen and the combat is similar with a twist in that there are no light and heavy attacks , instead you have vertical and horizontal slashes.

Trying to think of another game that did the dark souls thing out side of a fantasy setting :confused: Not sure I like this or not, early days though.

It's come on a bit since the pre-alpha trailer back in March anyway. Nice to see there are some more open outdoor areas too, I was hoping it wasn't going to be all gloomy corridors. It's definitely on my radar but then again, LotF is still sitting on my shelf so I'm not in a massive rush or anything. :o

EDIT: Oh, Little Nightmares is Hunger! Looks like it got picked up by Bandai Namco since the original trailer was released back in early 2015. Looks like they've just reused the old footage so hopefully we see some more of it soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

That Surge video looks a lot better than some earlier footage we saw. It's interesting trying to do a Souls like game in a sci-fi setting, and I like the idea a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

dreamers75 wrote: »

:)

Still waiting for the official announcement that E:Dangerous is coming to PS4 and a proper release date. The game is 50% of the reason I still own the Xbox One.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Still waiting for the official announcement that E:Dangerous is coming to PS4 and a proper release date. The game is 50% of the reason I still own the Xbox One.

Ship launched fighters confirmed :D

They're expected to officially announce npc crews over the weekend too...

• Advertisement
Advertisement