Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Azure Flute

Options
  • 17-08-2016 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

So something that has been bugging me lately. I've been watching a lot of lists and theories on YouTube lately, and the one thing that keeps coming up is the Azure Flute. It seems to be a common truth that this item was never distributed....except it was. Back in 2010 right before Gen 5, there was a Nintendo Wi-Fi event that Mystery Gifted the Azure Flute. I remember fighting Arceus atop Spear Pillar in the Hall of Origin, and catching him. Sure enough he and the flute are still on my game cartridge.

So what is going on here? Was this a EU only thing? Is there a reason that the US believes this event never happened? Even the wikis say it didn't and yet...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Had you a flashcart or cheat device?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

No. I just explained that it was an actual Nintendo Wifi Event.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Unusual that you have one and no one else seems to, Ninty themselves are of the opinion it was never released.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/interview/35513/pokemon-x-and-y-interview-with-game-freak

Mentioned about 3/4 down.

Arceus was distributed alright, Azure Flute wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

Masuda said in an interview that it was never released because they thought the process would be too confusing for people.

Source: Bulbapedia

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

There is zero mention of that event ever happening, and as others have said Masuda says they never distributed it. There is no way to get it legally.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Did you buy the game secondhand? Someone could have used an action replay to force the event.

Advertisement