Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car wipers

Options
  • 17-08-2016 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Have a 2012 Renault Megane 1.5dci.

Just wondering where is the best place to get wipers?

Halfords are selling a twin pack for around €45!!!

Anyone know a cheaper solution?

Consort?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Someone is ripping off Irish motorists the cost of wiper blades here is ridiculous. I buy mine in the UK I bought two times two full sets for two cars (ten full wipers - wipac) only a couple of weeks ago, cost me about £15.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

€2 shop have them too! :)

Huza91 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Halfords are selling a twin pack for around €45!!!

Consort?

Halfrauds once quoted me 75e for a set for an astra.
    I asked the fella was he joking and he said
    "in fairness theres a lot of rubber in them ones" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Huza91

Yeah the prices is ridiculous!!

I might go to my local car parts shop and see how much they can do them for.

Halfords have great deals on some items and others are just overpriced!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Halfords are to be avoided for most things.

I get mine from Micksgarage, always reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Renault Motrio ones are less than €45 the pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmcato

I got mine from mister auto. There was some deal on wipers so I got a pair of Bolk wiper blades for 8 euros + 7 euros shipping. They work really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Crikey. Blades for my yoke are a tenner apiece at the local motor factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

www.wiperblades.co.uk are fairly cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

€2 shop have them too! :)
    jimgoose wrote: »
    Crikey. Blades for my yoke are a tenner apiece at the local motor factors.

If they are the newer flat blade type wipers then you won't buy them for a tenner. You can buy cheap refills alright but in my experience they are rubbish and a false economy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I just get Bosch at a garage once a year. Tbh I can't even remember what the price is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/For-Renault-Megane-mk3-2009-2016-Front-Windscreen-24-16-Flat-Aero-Wiper-Blades-/141882292452?hash=item2108d7f8e4:g:n5sAAOSwqYBWn4a5

I've used the likes of these the last two times on my car. They work very well and last about a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

www.wiperblades.co.uk are fairly cheap.

Using them for years but recently found Amazon coming in cheaper €27 including delivery/conversion for a set of Bosch Aerotwin for a Seat Leon, micks garage €40+

Just shop around OP you can get good deals on Ebay also just make sure you buy Bosch or Valeo anything else is just rubbish and will start squeaking/smudging after a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I grumble about going to the main dealer for most things, but going for wipers is something I don't mind. Dearer, yes, but they're worth it. Have my current Ford ones on near 30k miles, about a year and a half, (on about 80 percent of the time!!!!) Only now they are starting to get a bit tired. 36 for the pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The flat blade type wipers are a huge step forward. No screeching, ever. Even when well used they are arguably better than a new set of the traditional type blades.
    I use bosch and find them A1.
    About 40 quid from motor factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

Huza91 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Halfords are selling a twin pack for around 45!!!

Consort?

Mr auto.ie does standard ones ,far cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

I went to halfords on way home from work, 30 Euro and I thought they were robbing me. Even though one blade was completely detatched I thought that was extortion and wasn't paying. So I checked micks garage, same price. Went to my local guy, same price maybe a Euro cheaper but that's it. They are expensive it's more than the rubber you replace on most cars, it's also part of the steel arm, which is stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Renault Motrio ones are less than €45 the pair.

I rang a Renault dealer only a few months ago and was quoted €55 for Renault ones same car a Megane 11 reg. €45 is pushing it for me €55 is too far so I didn't get them went with Bosch aerotwins in halfords for around €38 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I grumble about going to the main dealer for most things, but going for wipers is something I don't mind. Dearer, yes, but they're worth it. Have my current Ford ones on near 30k miles, about a year and a half, (on about 80 percent of the time!!!!) Only now they are starting to get a bit tired. 36 for the pair.

I have to agree with you on that one. €50 the pair is worth it for decent wipers.

• Advertisement
    M

The differnece between Aerotwins and normal wipers are night and day, they are the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

CIP4 wrote: »
    I rang a Renault dealer only a few months ago and was quoted €55 for Renault ones same car a Megane 11 reg. €45 is pushing it for me €55 is too far so I didn't get them went with Bosch aerotwins in halfords for around €38 I think.

Renault Retail ones are €55, Renault Motrio are cheaper though, definitely €40-45 iirc.

€38 for Bosch is decent in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

The differnece between Aerotwins and normal wipers are night and day, they are the business.

I think the aerotwins are very bulky looking, they are huge when crossing the screen.

M

jca wrote: »
    I think the aerotwins are very bulky looking, they are huge when crossing the screen.

Thay they are but the results are reflected accordingly.

Advertisement