Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo G580 won’t power on ?

Options
  • 17-08-2016 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I am having trouble with the above laptop. It has refused to turn on over the last week.

It was giving trouble with the same issue before last week but swapping the battery in and out used to get it working but not anymore :(

I don’t think it is the power cord as it wont work with just the battery either.

Anyone have any suggestions or am I better taking it to a place like currys and get it sorted

Thanks
    Barr

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Does it turn on when you remove the battery, plug in the power cable and push the on button?

To rule out any issue with the power cord, I presume you get some lights on the laptop when plugged in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Does it turn on when you remove the battery, plug in the power cable and push the on button?

Nope won't turn on this way either

I don't think it is the power cord as the battery was fully charged before it kicked the bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭dodzy

Barr wrote: »
    Nope won't turn on this way either

I don't think it is the power cord as the battery was fully charged before it kicked the bucket.

Impossible to say so. Borrow a known functional compatible charger and do as Alanstrianor suggested. Battery out. Check for light/power-up. If this works, power unit down, reinsert battery and do same. If still working, leave battery attached and attempt an overnight charge . Best case scenario: your battery will be charged and you can then return the charger and pick up a replacement online.

If no to the above, it'll have to be opened to fault fine. Could well be terminal with a non-viable repair cost.

Advertisement