Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Registration Service

Options
  • 17-08-2016 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi all,

We are getting married abroad next September. To make life easier (or so I thought) I am trying to arrange a civil ceremony in a registry office here before we go.

I am trying to book a ceremony date today but the website they say to use isnt showing ANY available dates for Dublin for the next 4 years!! I presume this is an error but when I ring their number I keep getting cut off with a message saying ' this mailbox does not exist!' I have no time to call to them so am a bit stuck on what to next. I need the ceremony date before I can organise the notification process.

Has anyone done this recently or have an email address I could use to contact them? Feeling very frustrated right now!!! :o

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

That website is broken and the answer machine message is out of date.

The phone number is 01 863 8200 (ring between 9:30am and 4:30pm). They're usually pretty busy so you might have to hold on but once they pick up they'll either put you through to a person or take your details and call you back pretty soon afterwards.

They'll do a pre-booking run through with you for details (names, dates etc) and then arrange a meeting (they'll email you with details afterwards and a check list of things to bring to the meeting).

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭aceygray

Greenduck wrote: »
    Hi all,

We are getting married abroad next September. To make life easier (or so I thought) I am trying to arrange a civil ceremony in a registry office here before we go.

When you say next September, do you mean September 2017? Because it's too late to book for September 2016, you have to give 3 month's notice.

Would you consider going to a different office? I also had trouble getting through to the Dublin office, but I got through to Bray no problem. You can get a full list of registrar's offices here:

http://www.civilregistrationservice.ie/

(Some of them only perform ceremony's on certain days of the week).

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

I managed to get an email off a friend who has just had one so I emailed them and they got back to me straight away! All booked for next September :)

Thanks all!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Greenduck wrote: »
    I managed to get an email off a friend who has just had one so I emailed them and they got back to me straight away! All booked for next September :)

Thanks all!:D
    Don't be a stranger OP. This forum is amazing, even for those of us long married.

Advertisement