Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fail required subject?

Options
  • 17-08-2016 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Have my leaving cert results here and afraid to open them! I've been offered a place in DIT full time, registered, have my start date etc. The course required a c in chemistry. Does anyone know what happens if I haven't gotten that C??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Open them.
    Do not damage your health by worrying about things unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭braceface

Opened them, not only did I not get the C - I failed it!! Should I call the college?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes, you could contact them. Ask do they have a test that perhaps you could sit instead, or a catch up Chemistry short course.

I applied as a Mature Student through CAO, so got my offer that way

braceface wrote: »

Did they explicitly say that your offer was conditional on you getting a C?

• Advertisement

The course requirements indicate a C is required. But no-where in the offer letter, registration etc. is it mentioned at all that the offer is conditional to my leaving cert results.....

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭zzdp

If you where offered a place as a mature student the leaving cert results dont matter.normally places are offored based on prior learning or life experence.many people go to college as a mature student who have no leaving cert.

The course requirements indicate a C is required. But no-where in the offer letter, registration etc. is it mentioned at all that the offer is conditional to my leaving cert results.....

Because you are a mature student, the LC requirements may not apply to you.
    Would you be able to contact your old school (or any school really) and ask the careers teacher, if there is one?
    As others have said, I'd say the colleges will be quite busy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You're fine. Mature students are not treated the same as LC students.

You have the offer in hand.

Best of luck.

Advertisement