Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1.6 Vtec civic named

Options
  • 17-08-2016 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi I was wondering would I be able to get a quote on my fathers 1.6 vtec civic ep2 it is only 110bhp 2005 he has over 10 years no claims and I will be going named on his policy and will only use it when I get the chance there's one problem though I'm on my provisional licence :/ has anybody got any rough idea on how much this will cost as it is known as a "boy racers car" any help appreciated I am also 17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Hondakid91 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering would I be able to get a quote on my fathers 1.6 vtec civic ep2 it is only 110bhp 2005 he has over 10 years no claims and I will be going named on his policy and will only use it when I get the chance there's one problem though I'm on my provisional licence :/ has anybody got any rough idea on how much this will cost as it is known as a "boy racers car" any help appreciated I am also 17

You probably wont get a quote here, if it were me id ask an insurance company for a quote, thats likely the best place to ask.
    Have thousands ready as opposed to hundreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Honda Civic VTEC + 17 year old male + provisional licence - is going to set alarm bells ringing with insurance companies. Best be sitting down if any insurance quotes you at all.

Also if you are looking to be added as a named driver on your dad's policy then your dad as the policy holder, needs to contact his insurer. They will not talk to you as it's not your policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

The EP2 Civics have the sensible iVTEC rather than the "VTEC kicked in yo!" right? Its a single cam engine so less noticeable again.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_D_engine#D16V1

As the guys say you'll have to shop around but apart from the performance models the engines from that era are more for economy than power.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I doubt insurers will distinguish much difference with a 17 year male on a learner permit. Anyway as the OP is looking to be put on as a named driver on an existing policy then there is no choice in shopping around unless the policy holder wishes to cancel and move insurance companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Also looking at the below of your post history, your either a troll or simply not getting the message that Boards.ie is not the place to get an insurance quote.

1.6 Vtec civic named
    Hi I was wondering would I be able to get a quote on my fathers 1.6 vtec civic ep2 it is only 110bhp 2005 he has over 10 years no claims and I will be going named on his policy and will only use it when I get the chance there's one problem though I'm on my provisional licence :/ has anybody got any
    14 hours, 11 minutes in Buying by Hondakid91 3 Replies

1.6 petrol insurance
    Any rough prices on 1.6 petrol insurance for a male on learners permit getting insured on his mothers car
    2 months in Buying by Hondakid91 18 Replies 160 Views

Audi A4 1.6 first car
    It's a pain like cause last year it wasn't bad for learners as most of my older friends got 1.9tdi Audi A4 under there mothers and there insurance only came to 2500 And them cars were 110bhp

Audi A4 1.6 first car
    They do actually! I'm named on a Ford Focus 1.6tdci focus on my mothers policy

Audi A4 1.6 first car
    It's a joke like my mother has the car a year and just because I'm a learner I haven't the "right" to pay low insurance she'll be the main driver on the policy she's only 103bhp aswell

Audi A4 1.6 first car
    I'm 17 and I'm a male learning all I want to know is will it go over 2500?

Audi A4 1.6 first car
    I Tryed but it's saying to ring

Audi A4 1.6 first car
    Anybody know how much insurance would cost in my mothers 1.6 Audi A4 she's been driving it a year and I want to go named as a first car?

audi a4 or Volkswagen Golf? 1st car
    Hi I'm looking at starting off in either a 1.6 petrol Audi A4 or else a 1.9tdi Volkswagen Golf van! And no I will not extend the a4 to 1.9tdi I just want a 1.6! Also which would be cheaper for insurance? All info grately appreciated
    2 months, 1 week in Buying by Hondakid91 3 Replies

Audi A4 1.6 first car
    Him I'm just after turning 17 and was wondering how much 2.0 sdi caddy insurance would be? I know it won't be a rocket ship or have half the power as the tdi but I'm still in school and am working when I finish school at 3:30! I want to know will it be v expensive or not much cause she's sdi as I go
    2 months, 2 weeks in Buying by Hondakid91 18 Replies 160 Views

Volkswagen Bora 1.4 first car
    Alright thanks
    2 months, 2 weeks in Buying by Hondakid91 13 Replies 225 Views

I'm still only after turning 17 I have the money alright but I don't want to go wasting it on my first car on insurance and tax when I might just buy a bora and do her up well

Hi I'm looking at a Volkswagen bora for a first car it'll be a 1.4 as I'm a first time driver and only 17 which means my insurance will be mad! I Tryed 1.9 tdi which was 100bhp and got a ridiculous quote I also live in west cork! I know it won't be a rocket but I want to get as close to my home car

Can I get insured in a Honda CRX as a named driver
    is there anyway that I can get insured on my fathers policy tho
    9 months, 3 weeks in Classic Cars by Hondakid91 6 Replies 56 Views

Can I get insured in a Honda CRX as a named driver
    It all depends if I get insured in it really! But my fate would probably use it more
    9 months, 3 weeks in Classic Cars by Hondakid91 6 Replies 45 Views

• Advertisement
Advertisement