Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change in circumstances

Options
  • 16-08-2016 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi all,

Need advice.

Not in receipt of any grants /funds.

However, my circumstances have changed in the last few months.
    One of my parents has been diagnosed with <an illness> and is undergoing treatment and unable to work. My sibling is entering third level this year and I am now unemployed and cannot afford to take on another job at this stage in my course.

Are there any funds etc I can apply to that cater for current circumstances not the last tax year?

I applied to SUSI this year anyway and explained all of this in additional comments and still waiting for result.

Feedback is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Starfish25 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Need advice.

Not in receipt of any grants /funds.

However, my circumstances have changed in the last few months.
    One of my parents has been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing treatment and unable to work. My sibling is entering third level this year and I am now unemployed and cannot afford to take on another job at this stage in my course.

Are there any funds etc I can apply to that cater for current circumstances not the last tax year?

I applied to SUSI this year anyway and explained all of this in additional comments and still waiting for result.

Feedback is appreciated!

Once you have told SUSI about this change in circumstances, they will assess your income on this years expected income.
    It will then be reviewed next year once all figures are obtaqined by revenue. Start to get all your documents together now, doctors reports, letter from employer regarding fathers inability to work and your P45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Starfish25

Sup08 wrote: »
    Once you have told SUSI about this change in circumstances, they will assess your income on this years expected income.
    It will then be reviewed next year once all figures are obtaqined by revenue. Start to get all your documents together now, doctors reports, letter from employer regarding fathers inability to work and your P45.

Thank you so much for your reply! Will do.

Advertisement