Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Full Service - Best place in Dublin + price

Options
  • 16-08-2016 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I have a Renault Megane 3 Coupe 1.5DCI 2012.

There's 32,000km on the clock.

She is due her NCT in October but want to put her in for a full service.

Where is best to get a full service in North Dublin (Artane, Coolock, Baldoyle etc)

How much is the going rate for a full service?

I also need new brakes. Roughly, how much are these to be supplied and fitted?

Thanks all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Very, very low milage for new pads. You must be hard on that car!

If your car is under Renaults 5 year warranty I'd advise using a main dealer. If you have a warranty claim down the line it will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Huza91 wrote: »
    She is due her NCT in October but want to put her in for a full service.
    Do the NCT first, and then get the service done when getting your repairs done. You can usually do the NCT three months early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

A Renault main dealer charges about 280 euro for a full service oil, air, fuel, pollen filter change plus check over. They charge about 150 euro for oil filter change and check over on these Meganes. Independant garages will be a bit cheaper but not a massive amount if you are going to a decent place.

As for the brakes I'd agree with what's been said I would find it hard to believe it needs pads or discs after 32k km do you mean it just needs a brake fluid change ?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Huza91

Yeah it was a family members car who recently passed away and left it for me.

I'd rather just go all out and give it a full service, new tyres, brake pads etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Huza91 wrote: »
    Yeah it was a family members car who recently passed away and left it for me.

I'd rather just go all out and give it a full service, new tyres, brake pads etc

I'd say bring it to a Renault dealer or good independant and get a full service and check over probably get the brake fluid changed as its four years old. Then let them tell you if it needs tyres or brake pads or whatever. I know where your coming from you want the car to right but it's pointless changing perfect tyres with 7mm of thread on them for example, your better off to let them tell you what it needs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement