Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Juvenile Club Trasnfer ??

Options
  • 16-08-2016 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am moving house to a different town in Wicklow and would like to know if its possible if I could also move to a club that is closer and more easier for me and for my mam to drive to. The club I want to move to is within walking distance when the club I am at is a 20 minute drive and since my mam has a busy schedule, it is unlikely I will be even able to attend trainings and probably even matches. I am playing u16's at the moment Ive only played 3 league games for this club and no championship match yet.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Someone with more knowledge of club transfers than me may give better advice, but if you've moved to a different area, then there really shouldn't be any trouble in getting a transfer to your nearby club. I think your best bet would be to contact someone in the Wicklow county board (contacts here) for advice and any forms you would have to fill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

My guess is it's unlikely that you can transfer at this time of the year. You may have to wait until before next season begins at which point I'd imagine there'll be no problem. Contact the secretary of the club you wish to move to - it's up to them to make things happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

Hi, contact secretary of club you wish to transfer to. You must have some affiliation to club your transferring to i.e address, primary school or parental involvement. This is done in Jan/Feb of next year should be no problem as long as the club you are coming from has no objection. If they do object then the problems start and that is why you need to have a reason for transferring.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

Check now as to when the "transfer window" opens in Wicklow. In Dublin it's early December, and transfers within the county outside that period just don't happen. Your club secretary, or as advised above, the club secretary for your new club, will be best placed to assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Each county has their own byelaws for internal transfers so contact your club or county secretary. Most likely though you will have to wait until next year to transfer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement