Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Bare-bones ROM for HTC M7

Options
  • 16-08-2016 3:38pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

So, pretty much as the title says, can anyone recommend a very basic bare-bones ROM that's compatible with the HTC One M7

Basically the only thing I need it to be able to do is play Pokemon go and make/receive calls and texts. My son loves playing Pokemon Go, and he likes to hold the phone while we're out walking, however both myself and my husband both have new phones so I don't want him holding those in case he drops it or it gets stolen. We've an old M7 that we plan to use for this purpose, however the battery life is terrible and I there's a lot of stock apps that seem to be draining the battery. Also Pokemon is quite heavy on the battery too.

Can anyone suggest any ROM that would be suitable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

When I had an M7 I used this ROM

I found that the battery life was greatly improved. I could easily get over 5 days of light use.
    (In saying that I would turn off wifi and bluetooth while outside and only turn on mobile data when I needed it.)

You also have a choice on some of the default Google apps; install them or don't which saved on space and power.

Advertisement