Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crest Whitening Strips

Options
  • 16-08-2016 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know where I might be able to source Crest Whitening strips? They are not for sale in Ireland or even the UK either as far as I am aware. I know previously that there were a couple of Irish websites selling them but they seem to have stopped. The US seems to be the only place to source these. As a home whitening product,they do a great job. Has anyone been able to source them online anywhere? An additional piece of information - I tried those i-white pre-filled home whitening trays. Talk about a total waste of €30. The trays are suppose to be a one size fits all which is total tripe as they slip right off your teeth as soon as you put them on. They just do not stay in place so it seems like the "paste" inside the trays does not distribute evenly around the teeth .And the taste of the paste is vile. As for whitening results? Nothing after using the full pack. I definitely would NOT recommend this product .
    Post edited by Ciarrai76 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I was thinking about getting them for my wedding next year, I've heard great things about them.. I hadn't looked too hard yet but at first glance I couldn't see them available in Ireland at all either.. Have you tried Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭trobbin

ratmouse wrote: »
    Would anyone know where I might be able to source Crest Whitening strips? They are not for sale in Ireland or even the UK either as far as I am aware. I know previously that there were a couple of Irish websites selling them but they seem to have stopped. The US seems to be the only place to source these. As a home whitening product,they do a great job. Has anyone been able to source them online anywhere? An additional piece of information - I tried those i-white pre-filled home whitening trays. Talk about a total waste of €30. The trays are suppose to be a one size fits all which is total tripe as they slip right off your teeth as soon as you put them on. They just do not stay in place so it seems like the "paste" inside the trays does not distribute evenly around the teeth .And the taste of the paste is vile. As for whitening results? Nothing after using the full pack. I definitely would NOT recommend this product .
    No you need trays made in a lab, to your exact fit. I went for the permanent fix after being like yourself for a long time, I tried most of the garbage out there. Only way is get the trays made in a lab and buy the certified gel for them. I got a great deal €250 for trays and 8gel syringes. Absolutely delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I order them from amazon.com Delivery usually around 10 days & prices are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Thanks so much for the Amazon suggestion. I've never bought anything on there but good to know they can be sourced and delivered from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ladybird37

Hi,

I have bought them before from Dentist.net, it's an American site but as the value was low there was no custom charges and delivery took about 1.5-2 weeks. Great site for other dental products too.

Just a side note, when I used them I found they made my teeth incredibly sensitive. Although this obviously varies from person to person as my husband didn't have any at all! Just in case you were thinking of buying in bulk, it might be best to try first in case you can't use them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Yes I have heard this too about the sensitivity, someone said before to start using a sensitive toothpaste (e.g. sensodyne) as soon as you start using them that it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ladybird37

I was using sensodyne for about a week before and continued to use it while I was whitening. This did not help me at all. About 15 minutes into using the strips I would start to get "Zinging" sensations in my teeth & would continue for roughly 24 hours after.

As i said, everyone is different and this may not happen, just my experience with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cath54

I've been trying to source Crest whitening strips in Ireland. Anyone purchased recently?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

7 year old thread, please don't open zombie threads. MOD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement