Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO help

Options
  • 16-08-2016 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I'm getting my leaving cert results tomorrow and I've recently realised I've made a huge mistake with my CAO.

I want to do architecture next year and living in Dublin, I put UCD and DIT as number #1 and #2. I did the suitability and interview for DIT and scored 80 in each, so I have to get approximately 430 points for that course now (UCD is 490). But I don't think I managed to get 430 :(

My mistake was I put UL as #3 but I don't want to go there at all, I have a job here and I want to stay in Dublin.

I have WIT as #4 and UCC as #5 (I don't want to go to either of them). I have architectural technology in DIT as #6 and Landscape architecture in UCD as #7. (I would much prefer either of these as they are in Dublin)

I applied to a Plc in colaiste dhulaigh but I'm away for the interview date and they have no more dates:(

The trouble is I think I might have managed to get the points for Limerick but I really don't want to leave home. I also am having no luck in finding accommodation in Limerick either.

Please help:(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Wait and see what happens tomorrow.

There really is no point expending all this nervous energy on 'what ifs'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 coldhulaigh

Hi,
    If you Follow us on twitter (@coldhulaigh) I will follow you back and Direct Message you and we can arrange a date for interview that will suit. Just reply to me here if your twitter handle is not Morrissey97

Thanks,

Hi, I'm getting my leaving cert results tomorrow and I've recently realised I've made a huge mistake with my CAO.

I want to do architecture next year and living in Dublin, I put UCD and DIT as number #1 and #2. I did the suitability and interview for DIT and scored 80 in each, so I have to get approximately 430 points for that course now (UCD is 490). But I don't think I managed to get 430 :(

My mistake was I put UL as #3 but I don't want to go there at all, I have a job here and I want to stay in Dublin.

I have WIT as #4 and UCC as #5 (I don't want to go to either of them). I have architectural technology in DIT as #6 and Landscape architecture in UCD as #7. (I would much prefer either of these as they are in Dublin)

I applied to a Plc in colaiste dhulaigh but I'm away for the interview date and they have no more dates:(

The trouble is I think I might have managed to get the points for Limerick but I really don't want to leave home. I also am having no luck in finding accommodation in Limerick either.

Please help:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Morrissey97

Hi,
    If you Follow us on twitter (@coldhulaigh) I will follow you back and Direct Message you and we can arrange a date for interview that will suit. Just reply to me here if your twitter handle is not Morrissey97

Thanks,

Hi, thank you so much! What days are available?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Probably best contact them via Twitter. It's not a verified account on boards, though I have no reason to believe it's not genuine.

Advertisement