Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graffiti on Carlow Castle

Options
  • 16-08-2016 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I saw this recently. Some moron has written 'CHIKO', what appears to be 'IRA' and something indecipherable on Carlow Castle. It's bad enough that there's broken glass all over the grounds of the castle from scumbags drinking at night but this makes me sick.

What pisses me off more than the scumbags that do this is how they're just let get away with it.

Honestly I don't get some of the people around here. It's like they want to make the town as much of a shithole as possible.

28915882022_cc03097878_c.jpg

28916221352_6f422ec376_c.jpg

28916003572_d2f814d4cd_c.jpg

http://kclr96fm.com/graffiti-carlow-castle-sparks-calls-security-measures-installed/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I'm surprised the planners didn't tear it down to be honest.

They've managed to allow every other monstrosity of a so called building be built on and around it. :mad:

If you want to blame anyone for making ****e of the town contact here secretar@carlowcoco.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Grassy Knoll

Hear hear, missed opportunity, some very uninspiring buildings went up on the redeveloped site. Have to say it is consistent with my view of developer- led projects in Carlow that are generally uninspiring, incongruous, lack vision and in some cases eyesores.... Carlow seems to accept second rate on all levels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

IMO i don't know why Carlow coco have hidden such a wonderful structure away. GET RID of the houses in front make it more open and enjoyable. why be afraid of the building?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jed and Dave

Tony I couldent agree more - id cpo that whole side of kennedy street(which is very run down) and build a lovely enclosed park/ public space around the castle down to the burrin and barrow. We are sort of stuck with that empty office block now:rolleyes:.

Also you have an attractive bridge there to Graigue with nice lighting- relocate the telegraph polls and plant some flowers there. And cut down all those big trees on that island that block the view to the park.

we have lovely rivers and views and landmark buildings in the town would be great if we focused on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Tony I couldent agree more - id cpo that whole side of kennedy street(which is very run down) and build a lovely enclosed park/ public space around the castle down to the burrin and barrow. We are sort of stuck with that empty office block now:rolleyes:.

Also you have an attractive bridge there to Graigue with nice lighting- relocate the telegraph polls and plant some flowers there. And cut down all those big trees on that island that block the view to the park.

we have lovely rivers and views and landmark buildings in the town would be great if we focused on that.

I Know. those buildings that serve no function at all. Love the stargate that can stay lol

With money that area could be come such a tourist trap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A bit off topic but when did Corcoran's Minerals close at the castle?

That was probably the time to do something with the castle or tear it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

A bit off topic but when did Corcoran's Minerals close at the castle?

That was probably the time to do something with the castle or tear it down.

Are you mental? You cannot just go tearing buildings like that down !?!!?

Advertisement